Missing oil temp after retrofit of 5F unit

DNN

Hello Together,

I would like to ask you for help with adaptation of 5F unit. In my Octavia MK3 I have retrofited 5F unit from Swing Entry to Amundsen 5Q0 035 574C.

Everything works well but oil temp disappeared from instrument cluster. I cant even see it Performance monitor. Firmware is up to date, component protection was removed by authorized dealer, all SwaP codes uploaded, coding wasn't changed.

No errors in memory. In ECU measurements I normally see the oil temp/level. So sensor is fine.

After study I think there is a problem with source/BAP protocol - 5F unit simply cant see it, even instrument cluster.

Please can somebody check attached adaptation maps or share with me adaptation from car where it works fine ?

Thank you. 

adpmap-5F-5Q0-035-874-C.xlsx adpmap-17-5E0-920-750-C.xlsx

Hello, welcome to the forum. Do you have the MFSW? - If so, use the right-hand roller to scroll through the display until you find oil temperature, then press roller to select.

2 hours ago, Warrior193 said:

Hello, welcome to the forum. Do you have the MFSW? - If so, use the right-hand roller to scroll through the display until you find oil temperature, then press roller to select.

Do you mean MFL jocker on steering wheel ? I dont have it. I have only standard Combination Switch. I have searched entire menu - Drive data, navigation etc. in cluster and no luck. But you give me the idea - its possible the 5F unit is coded for MFL jocker a this can cause the problem. Will check. 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
Posted (edited)

I would like to revive this thread.

During last work with VCDS I found in cluster's (17) UDS measurement values that IDE00196 is still at 197°C. No change during driving test. Still stucked at 197°C.

So I have also checked ECU and the value in IDE00196 (ECU measurement, not cluster) was changing and it was around 90°C. So sensor G266 in oil sump looks fine.

It looks like the cluster doesnt get information about oil temp from ECU. Maybe caused by gateway ? So cluster has set default value 197°C what is out of range and blocks show of oil temp.

Has anyone ever encountered this before?

Edited by DNN

Problem solved. For everybody - first check ECU. In Long Coding (Byte 7) must be ticked choice LongLife interval. Without this the ECU doesn't send data from oil sensor to instrument cluster and oil temp is not displayed.

I don't know how this happened but actually its fine.