Tyre pressure for Aussie roads

Rastus

After 3 years of driving on the crap that is Bridgestone Turanzas, I've finally got the Pirelli Cinturatos I asked for when I bought my 2020 Karoq. Now the question is tyre pressure, which seems to differ everywhere you look. I mostly drive on Melbourne metro and Victorian country roads (some dirt roads in the bush, but no off-road stuff). The tyre supplier says 36 psi, the car label says 220 kPas (32 psi), the Pirelli website says 32 - 35 psi, others reckon 40+ psi. Do Skoda or Pirelli in Europe have any idea of road conditions in Australia?  What have you guys found to work best, because I don’t know anything after the horror that was the Turanzas?

Hi, welcome.

I would start with the figure given in the Owner's Manual for Australia, which I presume is 32psi and if I didn't find that good in use go up to the Pirelli 35psi IF the Pirelli figure relates to Australia.  I know some Australians run their tyres at high and much higher pressure than over here or Europe but I don't know if that a good idea as I've never seen a photo of how they wear.

You may also get more information by asking on the 'Skoda Karoq' forum as it looks pretty lively. - https://www.briskoda.net/forums/forum/364-skoda-karoq/

Or using the search facility on this site (or through Google that will probably bring you back to this site).

HTH.

Edited by nta16