Skoda Superb 2019 trouble code U010400

steamcanada

Hello, 

Anyone else encountered on Skoda Superb 2019  trouble code U010400. Lost Communication with cruise control module. This error comes under transmision section on obdeleven. 

Fault code: U010400

No error on car dashboard or menu, acc working normal. Any advice would be much appreciated, nearest date for workshop appointment is next year 😞

Hi, welcome.

If your your cruise control is fully working it might be an error with the obdeleven perhaps I don't know, you could try checking with obdeleven site or forum (if they have them) or using a different make of scan tool to confirm the error code.  Have you let the car battery get low recently or changed battery.  I always think of errors in any computer programing (car and scan tool manufacturers included).

I'd not rush to book it into a workshop perhaps it might not even be there next time you plug in the obdeleven (but I do not know this).

You might get more help by posting on the (much more lively) 'Skoda Superb Mk III (2015 - 2023)' forum. - https://www.briskoda.net/forums/forum/299-skoda-superb-mk-iii-2015-2023/

HTH.

Edited by nta16

Thanks for the reply. It seems the issue persists, after another scan still there. Battery is not new, but it could be low voltage 'cause of the low temps. For the time being, all working fine..acc all good. Maybe, an issue from Obdeleven. Thanks for the advice. 

• Thanks 1

If the other scanner is a good one and VW (complicated programs) compliant then I'd strongly suggest you check and if required fully recharge the car battery fully with an appropriate charger/maintainer (as low and slow as possible) but then I would recommend battery charging without any error codes.  Many owners are very surprised to learn how many issues the car can throw up even before giving any warning lights or messages let alone noticing on the car starter motor sound.

Even if it's not the battery state of charge a fully charge battery will help with diagnostics, and low charged battery perhaps hinder, particularly with electrical and starter issues, the car's computers run on 5v electricity already so you don't want to thin that too much more.

Never forget the basics, scan tools and such like may seem sexy and higher tech but you still need to check the starter basics and basics as you go along with physical or electronic diagnostics.  Scan tools don't tell you everything or always the whole story, they're one diagnostic tool among others (often a very good tool but sometimes misleading particularly if you don't cross check and correctly apply the information they might give).

Good luck.

Edited by nta16