Assigning different phones to each user.

My wife and I both use the car, each with our own key.  I am primary user. However, when we are both in the car together, it always chooses her phone in preference to mine, even if I have used my key to open the car.  Is it possible to set the phone/car up so that it connects to my phone when using my key and my wife's phone when using her key?

Yes, I can manually select my phone on the drop down if the car has selected hers.  However that only selects mine for calls.  Hers is still connected to android auto for maps. Spotify etc.  I can't stop that.  On my own, mine connects fine to android auto etc, it's just that hers overrides this when we are both in the car.

Edited by Blokeuptheroad

Just now, Blokeuptheroad said:

Yes, I can manually select my phone on the drop down if the car has selected hers.  However that only selects mine for calls.  Hers is still connected to android auto for maps. spottily etc.  I can't stop that.  On my own, mine connects fine to android auto etc, it's just that hers overrides this when we are both in the car.

So yours is the first in the list?

That is my thinking.

Device one could be the phone the car looks for first, carrying on if not present to device 2.

Another option to cure it could be your wife turning blue tooth off when you are together in the car.

Re Bluetooth. We switch it off on the phone but it then automatically switches back on and immediately reconnects to the car. I don't know why it does that. It's as if the phone thinks the car is some kind of priority connection.

I will see if I can change the settings so my phone is first in the list. Thanks for your help 🙂