Problem with Cruise control on the A9

Odin1123

When travelling on the A9,  South from Aviemore,  Monday (27/11/2023) the adaptive cruise control on my, Enyaq, kept slowing the car to 50 mph even though the limit was 60 mph.

With maximum re-gen switched on the car slows very quickly which represents a safety hazard to following traffic. This happened frequently which caused me to switch to manual control.

This is caused by the HGV 50mph sign which the car camera reads as a 50mph limit.

image.png.77824086d11b573cd8b33ec0b9a6ded0.png

Complained to Transport Scotland who say they are planning to fix the problem by the end of the financial year using their contractor BEAR.

• Thanks 1

Well it being fixed is good news, as I have heard of this affecting other vehicles. I suffer from it in my ID.4. You can stop it happening by turning off sign recognition through your infotainment system, but you then have to set cruise speed yourself when limits change. The ACC function is not affected.

Edited by Luckypants
Typo