Juddering low gears

Ginlizard

Hi, new to forum!

I have a 2022 Octavia mkIV 1.0 estate, purchased approved used from a flagship dealer July 2023, current mileage 16k.

Over the past week it has started juddering noticeably when driving round town in low gears, only happens when the accelerator is depressed gently (as in maintaining low speed in traffic). Doesn’t seem to happen in higher gears/on motorway etc.

any suggestions as to what might be causing this or any easy remedy? Don’t fancy my chances of getting it looked at/sorted this side of Christmas so hoping it is nothing too serious and will remain driveable (if annoying) until the new year.

Welcome.

If it is a DSG then maybe when crawling along put into S so that it does not dither between 1st and 2nd.

If you buy E10 95 ron Unleaded maybe try a tank of E5 Super Unleaded,  97 or 99 ron Min, Sainsbury Super Unleaded or Tesco Momentum 99 will be fine. Not much over the cost of E5.

1 hour ago, Rooted said:

Welcome.

If it is a DSG then maybe when crawling along put into S so that it does not dither between 1st and 2nd.

If you buy E10 95 ron Unleaded maybe try a tank of E5 Super Unleaded,  97 or 99 ron Min, Sainsbury Super Unleaded or Tesco Momentum 99 will be fine. Not much over the cost of E5.

Thanks - it’s a manual. Will prob be filling up in next few days so will give that a go thanks 👍🏻

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. Any luck with this? I've got an auto (don't judge) 2ltr diesel. Just drove 20 minutes and about 5 minutes in to the drive I felt juddering at about 20-40 mpg. I switched to manual it says M4 (fourth gear) at about 35 mph. I can go up gears fine. I went back to auto and stopped at the lights. Moved off fine, went to manual at M2 but it wouldn't go up. Back to auto and accelerated, it juddered and eventually felt it got in to gear. So guessing it's something happening around third gear

Feels like a clutch/flywheel issue maybe? Seems to be when gentally accelerating. I don't want to rev it too much incase it is a clutch/flywheel issue. 

A DSG, even a wet clutch one can ignore your request to change gear when it is not appropriate. Dry clutch ones doe to protect them selves.

Sometimes a SEAT with the same box / engine as in a Skoda might not and drop 2 or 3 gears because in manual you changed down and it might near put you through the windscreen. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, FireMonkeyLord said:

Hi. Any luck with this? I've got an auto (don't judge) 2ltr diesel. Just drove 20 minutes and about 5 minutes in to the drive I felt juddering at about 20-40 mpg. I switched to manual it says M4 (fourth gear) at about 35 mph. I can go up gears fine. I went back to auto and stopped at the lights. Moved off fine, went to manual at M2 but it wouldn't go up. Back to auto and accelerated, it juddered and eventually felt it got in to gear. So guessing it's something happening around third gear

Feels like a clutch/flywheel issue maybe? Seems to be when gentally accelerating. I don't want to rev it too much incase it is a clutch/flywheel issue. 

No update, filled with E5 last week as suggested from empty but done about 200 miles since and still happening when town driving in lower gears. Going to be a call to Skoda I think.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Ginlizard said:

No update, filled with E5 last week as suggested from empty but done about 200 miles since and still happening when town driving in lower gears. Going to be a call to Skoda I think.

Thank you for the update. I'll go for another drive this week and see if it happens again. If it does, I'll call Skoda  too.