Deadlocked Front Passenger door

Thud

Hi All, hope you had a good one.

I could use some advice on how to open a deadlocked passenger door. It will not open using the handle from inside or out, or from the keyfob.  Turning the key in the drivers side lock doesnt open it either. There's  no keyhole on the passenger side and have tentatively tried the thumping method described elsewhere on Briskoda. No joy yet. Can a 2007 Roomster3's pasenger door be dismantled from the inside (while closed) to get a the lock? How about getting at the door loom, though I'd  need to know the wiring colours and a map for that approach to prove of any use.

Baffled as usual😀

Any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, try to remove the three torx screws at the bottom of the door. 

Then try to carefully remove the door card using some extra force as the screws are screwed over some plastic clips. Just be careful not to break the door card. In my 2003 Octavia I, worked without breaking the door card. 

But before that, try to remove the square plastic cover from the door handle from the outside of the door and see if you can grab with long pliers the wire that is attached to the handle. Sometimes this is the easy way to open a deadlocked door. 

If not, then try to remove the door card from the inside the car. 

Thanks for the advice, @stratosg. Fortunately the other day, the doorlock started working again as normal from the keyfob. For just now anyway. As soon as weather permits, I'll be taking the door panel off to check all the electrical connections, water damage etc.

Cheers 

• Like 1