Rain / light windscreen sensor advice please

Hi All 
Looking for help/advice please
I have an issue with my Octavia mk 3 (2013)
I'm getting automatic headlight control fault flash up when  i have the lights set to auto and it gets dark either when starting the car in the dark or going from light to dark (tunnel) whilst driving. The error does not appear when its not dark. The auto lights and wipers seems to work fine.
The screen  is super clean in front of the sensor so not a dirt issue. 
I managed to removed the sensor and replaced the gel pad  (index matching gel i believe) worth a try. I made sure everything very clean no air bubble etc. but made no difference  
So looks like i need to replace the sensor. My current sensor is  a 5Q0955547  my car has auto wipers auto  lights and climate control. So i believe this is a tri sensor. light/rain and humidity.
I called skoda and they want £281 for the sensor (supply only) so looking for a cheaper alternative. The Skoda parts guy told me 5Q0955547 is no longer supplied and its been superseded but said he's not allowed to give me the new part number. 
I see 5Q0955547A and 5Q0955547B on ebay / aliexpress etc. 
But also see the vw golf mk 7 forums talk about  the same issue and quote 81D955547 and the sensor looks the same.
I found the diagram below on aliexpress but cant really work out whats it all means.
was hoping  the kind Briskoda members could maybe throw in there comments / experiences.
Thanks in advance 
Steve  
image.png.bfb22aa7ae571e81059d389df6745818.png

• 3 weeks later...
On 09/01/2024 at 17:44, steviemajor said:

Thank you 
do you happen to know if the vw version will also work 81D955547 

It’s not listed as a suitable replacement so I’d doubt it

• 4 weeks later...