Rubbing noise from front

My Fabia Monte Carlo was purchased with lowered suspension. It looked great but not practical. So last summer I had front & rear suspension put back to standard.

I’ve noticed when the outside temperature is cold for example 10 degrees or less. There is a loud creak/rubbing sound when turning the steering to full lock. Due to the steepness of my drive I have to have the car on full lock to get the car off.

I took it back to the garage that changed the suspension but they can’t find out what’s causing it. Any ideas!

12 minutes ago, zoe0074 said:

There is a loud creak/rubbing sound when turning the steering to full lock.

CV boot can make this noise if you are moving on full lock?

To check you can turn the steering wheel full lock, jack a road wheel up and try spinning the road wheel and listen / look.

Thanks. AG Falco

Thank you. I have it booked in at a repair garage (not the main dealers) on Monday. Fingers crossed it’s a simple fix. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, zoe0074 said:

Fingers crossed it’s a simple fix.

Please tell us the result after your visit.

It can help others.

Thanks AG Falco

• Like 1