My needles have gone dark!

Hi all

Bit of an odd one, but the illumination on two of the needles on my dash started to flicker, and eventually they went dark and stayed dark. They're the needles for engine temp and fuel level. I presume these two are fed by one bulb / LED somewhere as the flashed and failed simultaneously? The rest of the dash is fine, and I can't believe there's a fuse just for these two needles. I imagine replacing the bulb / LED is a pig of a job involving dash removal? IN which case I'll probably just live with needles that don't glow when the lights are on!

Thanks.

My dials illumination has disappeared except for the temp, fuel gauge and the left hand side of the rev counter and the needles. I am suspicious that it is water ingress that is the problem. When I bought the car in December it was as I described above, then as we had a bit of a dry spell, the rest of the dash lights seemed to flicker and illuminate for a short while, but they were definitely getting to be more on than off. Then after the deluge we had a couple of weeks ago, I was back to the start again, except that I also lost the fuel gauge light too. This has since come back on. I think I'm going to see if I can get my hand up behind the pinnacle and feel for a connector, or just see if I can find a path through so I can get a tube with a hair dryer on the end to see if I can dry the area out. If it works and the dial lights come on, I know it's water ingress and the nightmare of finding where it's coming in can begin.

Be interested to hear what you find!  Been fairly dry here recently so not sure it's water related. But could be...

Stick one of those dehumidifier packs in the car?