Upgrading Infotainment System To Get Android Auto

Hi All,

I have recently inherited a 2015 Skoda Fabia from my late Grandad, at current it has the Bolero (I think) 5Q0035820. I have been told in order to get Android Auto I should upgrade this to the 5Q0035842.

To do this is the only thing I need to change the box behind the glovebox or do I need to change the screen as well.

Additionally I have found a listing for a 5Q0035842B from a Skoda Octavia, am I correct in thinking this will work in my Fabia.

Many thanks for your help in advance

You need either Bolero 5Q0035842x / 565035842 or Amundsen (with built-in OEM sat nav) 5Q0035874x / 565035874 (plus SD card with maps and GPS antenna). It's not possible to activate Android Auto officially, new unit must be patched and then personalized to your car's equipment.

I can deliver such unit, either Bolero or Amundsen, in Plug&Play version. If you are interested pls contact me on PM.

• Like 1