MK3 ground clearance

I'm thinking of purchasing the MK3 Octavia vrs but have noticed it sits even lower than my MK2. What's people's experiences with roads, speed bumps etc?

• 2 months later...

A bit late answering this but the ground clearance on the mk3 is about the same as the MK2 at 147mm.

My Mk3 has no problem with speedhumps and we have done trips of

several hundreds of kilometres on dirt roads with quite large rocks (to avoid).

A big 4wd would have better of course but dry roads and a good lookout for potential issues and we maintained an average of 65 kph.

Sealed roads no problem at all.

Edited by Gerrycan
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi @Redmanc99, I must have responded to your post on my phone (based on my stilted grammar), but I missed the very important letters 'vrs'......doh!

My response was based on my own lower spec, less sporty 1.4tsi Octavia.

However, after a bit of a google search, it appears that both the vRS in mk2 and mk3 are around 129mm, although there was a reference suggesting that the 245bhp version may be 99mm.

You would have been better posting in the more frequented Octavia mk3 section of the forum where my mistake would have been picked up by others.

Did you buy one?