Tyre ratings - Real world feel of 98W compared to 94V

DB72

Hi.... I will be needing new tyres soon (possibly all four).  My current tyres are 215/55 R17 94V Michelin Cross Climate 2.  My usual tyre fitting company don't always seem to have availability of the 94V version but do have the heavier duty 98W version.

I know what the numbers and letters actually mean and that theoretically the tyres may feel firmer due to the stronger side walls, but....

How different is it likely to be in real world driving and are there any other differences I may notice ?

For reference my car is 2018 Superb Petrol 1.4 TSi Manual with 50,000 on the clock.

Thanks

It might be noticeable on poor road surfaces as firmer.  Unlikely to notice it on  roads with good surfaces.   Although after 50,000 miles your shock absorbers will not be as good as day 1, and probably got used to feel of them, so likely to get used to feel of heavier tyres fairly quickly.

However if you currently have summer tyres (EDIT just spotted already have cross climates) they will be firmer in cold weather, so more likely to notice it in warmer summer days