Accelerator pedal return

snig

Good Morning, There was a click on depressing the accelerator pedal. It is now floppy with no return. Before I stand on my head in the footwell, in the rain, can you suggest what to look for. I think the hinge is ok. I have read about stones & breakages & don't think its that. Is there a return spring of some sort? Thank you.

As an update, the pedal is off, the clips are a little awkward to release & the fault is a sticky actuator. Lubrication has eased it but it is a little stcky. Where do most of you source parts. ( other than Skoda them selves) Thanks

H., welcome, for cleaning and lubrication, subject to usual caution for electrics if involved, if electrics you could use a combined switch cleaner and lubricant like Servisol Super 10, if not electric you could use other cleaner (electrical contact cleaner would also do) and then a longer lasting lubricant like GT85 (better than WD-40 Multi-Use) it will also help with releasing plastic clips.

For parts and more info specific to your model you'd be better posting in the 'Skoda Yeti' forum. - https://www.briskoda.net/forums/forum/151-skoda-yeti/

HTH.

servisolsuper10.jpg.75714e412a8821dcace36a6e1eb264a9.jpg

GT85s.jpg.3eb51310c88ff490936ff7adecf96f56.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply. Once I had lubed & refitted it wouldn't rev beyond 2500 so I've had to get a new one from Skoda. There was obviously an underlying fault.

• Sad 1

Thanks for the reply.

Much servicing, maintenance and repairs often boil down to clean and lubricate (even electronic clean of deleting errors codes and switching off 'n' on agen) so it's always worth a look and some mechanical and electrical repairs can be easy once you can get at the items or remove them.

Just to finish the thread, if you don't mind saying, how much were the part(s) and labour/installation?

Parts will be approximately £185 OM. Vantage Skoda Morcambe. (Simpsons Skoda Preston about the same price)

Paten parts  seem unavailable from the wesites I tried.

Part number: 1K2721503AR

Skoda Yeti Greenline 2012

• Thanks 1

Volkswagen / Audi / Seat Accelerator Pedal With Electronic Module 1K2721503AR (manual gearbox).  On a very quick first find of search, £185 appears a reasonable price for the part from dealership.  Not much to fitting I'd guess but no doubt(?) some sort of new part  'coding' to pay for.  - https://www.lllparts.co.uk/product/seat-1k2721503ar-accelerator-pedal-with-electronic-module/mpn/1k2721503ar

Good luck.