2.0 TDI 150CRMB alternator

Hello group!

earlier my idle went from the 750-800 to 1100rpm. Usually that’s a sign for a DPF regen but I’ve checked it with the OBD Eleven anyway. No errors but battery voltage was 11.9 then 11.8. Took a volt meter and put it on the battery and it was 11.9 indeed. It is the second time the car does this but first time was on after 5 mins. I’ve looked on AUTODOC and seen that alternators come in 3 types 110A, 140A, 180A. Any idea how I can find out how many AMPS mine got without removing it? I would like to order a new one asap. 
don’t know if this has anything to do with it but I have disabled the start stop system through OBD Eleven about 2 months ago.

If it helps my car is a 2017 pre facelift 2.0L SEL CRMB 150 bhp and in the list of the PR codes for my vehicle is the following entry:

8GU Alternators: Alternator 140В A

I haven't removed mine to check the exact part no. but I've looked at an online parts catalogue which is more or less the same as the one used by TPS and there seems to be a lot of variations. The original alternator can be either a Bosch or a Valeo manufactured one and each manufacturer has different variations. The Bosch variations also have superseded models.

1 minute ago, bigade1 said:

If it helps my car is a 2017 pre facelift 2.0L SEL CRMB 150 bhp and in the list of the PR codes for my vehicle is the following entry:

8GU Alternators: Alternator 140В A

I haven't removed mine to check the exact part no. but I've looked at an online parts catalogue which is more or less the same as the one used by TPS and there seems to be a lot of variations. The original alternator can be either a Bosch or a Valeo manufactured one and each manufacturer has different variations. The Bosch variations also have superseded models.

Our vehicles are very close then. Mine is 2017 facelift SE L. Fair to say they might be identical. Your answer it is much appreciated

• Like 1