EU Spec Yeti to UK Spec

Father_Jack

Hi All,

I have lived in Switzerland for a few years and now it's time to come home to the UK.  I have been lucky to own a fabulous Yeti TDI 4x4 auto with 65K kilometres or 40K Miles and it is just brilliant, it still feels new to drive.  Its just a pleasure to drive and hence my hope to bring it home.  The things is...  When I take the car home I want to convert it to UK spec, so the steering wheel and pedals are on the right side of the car.  I know this isn't a simple thing but I was wondering if there is anyone who has done this or recommend a garage to do this for me. 

Thanks for any advice.

3 hours ago, Father_Jack said:

Hi All,

I have lived in Switzerland for a few years and now it's time to come home to the UK.  I have been lucky to own a fabulous Yeti TDI 4x4 auto with 65K kilometres or 40K Miles and it is just brilliant, it still feels new to drive.  Its just a pleasure to drive and hence my hope to bring it home.  The things is...  When I take the car home I want to convert it to UK spec, so the steering wheel and pedals are on the right side of the car.  I know this isn't a simple thing but I was wondering if there is anyone who has done this or recommend a garage to do this for me. 

Thanks for any advice.

I don't think converting it from wrong hand drive to right hand drive is technically possible, or economically viable.

12 hours ago, Paws4Thot said:

I don't think converting it from wrong hand drive to right hand drive is technically possible, or economically viable.

LOL "Wrong Hand Drive" :D I know the steering box would need to be changed, new dash, clocks and lights etc.  But no one has given me a proper breakdown in cost.  I'm going to drive this car for years to come (hopefully).  It's as good as a new car, only it's paid off :D  With 40K miles TDI it not even properly broken in.;) Thanks Paws for response.

Alternatively sell it back to Skoda Switzerland and see what the UK market is like for a good Yeti.

17 minutes ago, Father_Jack said:

I know the steering box would need to be changed, new dash, clocks and lights etc.

Front bulkhead, pedal box.

Basically I think you need an RHD shell, steering rack and fascia, plus, based on knowing a garage that has rebuilt a few economic write-offs, about 100 hours labour to transfer the engine, interior, doors and glazing.

At this point, you basically have a new shell with an old interior and mechanicals.

• Like 1