Drivers side rear indicator bulb

Hi , had the message appear on screen to advise near side rear indicator had blown so purchased a new one , changed it accordingly but its still not working .. are there fuses linked to individual indicators ?

TIA

Dykey 

Hi Dykey,

I just realised I might have misread your post do you mean the bulb doesn't work or the car still shows it as not working.

If it's the bulb not working post straight back, what years is your car?.

No there not a fuse for just one indicator.

If its car still showing the bulb not working but the bulb is working - see if the warning remains after you'd driven the car a distance and/or switched the engine and ignition off and back on next time you want to drive the car (the old computer "switch it off 'n' on agen".

Let us know how you get on.

Edited by nta16
wrong year

The bulb is not working ... waiting for the weather to brighten up then going to pop the passenger side off and try the new bulb in that side just to check it aint the bulb 

Thanks 

Dykey

• Like 1

With old stock or new brought bulbs it's best to test them when new and before fitting - I usually remember this just after fully securing the lens cover.

New bulbs tend to be pretty poor now I try to get the X2 or X3 life bulbs because 'off the shelf' ones don't seem to last even if they work 'out of the box'.  Old cheaper bulbs can vibrate to death if kept in car or cars for many years, or were faulty when they were new anyway. 

Before swapping over bulbs test both sides are working, with the lenses covers off, putting the hazard on for indicators, then test after swapping the bulbs over sides with the lenses covers off.

I once had a neighbour new brake light bulb that when the brake pedal was dabbed was fine but when the pedal was held it went out, the filament broke away from one end with the sustained heat and then dropped back on when cooling, not something you'd think of, and I didn't possibly one of those things you had to see to believe, but it happened.  I've also had an intermittent fuse but that's another story.

Let us know how you get on.

Edited by nta16
ETA: