Have to replace the control unit (built into the instrument cluster)

Hello,

I have had my 2008 Roomster from new and love it. Recently the dash has been lighting up like a christmas tree and beeping furiously until it warms up - this then degraded to only starting once every fifty or so attempts.  This is my only car and we're reliant on the vehicle for school runs and so on. 

On the advice of my garage, I sent the instrument cluster to a cluster repair provider who just called and said that they need to replace the central control unit which has been damaged by voltage spike(s) at some point.  They can source a working second hand instrument cluster but this needs to come from Hungary at exorbitant expense and takes a long time.

Thought I would come here and ask for advice. What would you do in my situation? Is there anywhere in the UK I should look?

Also, I don't know what part number I should be looking for. It's a 2008 RHD with automatic transmission if that helps.

Thanks in advance,

Lee

Can you message me the VIN? That will enable me to tell you the current part number for the cluster as a minimum.

Wouldn't mind a look at it myself though, as you're not a huge distance away.

Cluster is still at repair place, or back with you?

Edited by Breezy_Pete
  • Like 1