"High-function" rear lights

This may have been answered elsewhere already, in which case apologies, but I couldn't find the answer despite reading though a bunch of other topics.

I have had a 21-plate SE Technology for about a week now, all very nice. Of course, because of the trim level, it has the "low-function" rear lights that only illuminate the sections on the car's wings, not the "high-function" ones that also illuminate the sections across the boot lid. Has anyone determined yet if activating the high-function lights is just a coding issue, or if there is actually some physical hardware/wiring difference that would make it impossible?

I have access to VCDS, so once RossTech have sorted out the SFD issue I might be tempted to switch the higher spec rear lights on if it is just software rather than hardware. Does anyone actually know what the long coding for that would be?

That's interesting, thanks.

It seems the animated indicator at least will definitely need different hardware then. I wonder if the red tail light section can still be switched on though, even if the indicators remain standard? If not, that's one very expensive piece of decorative red plastic if it ever needs to be replaced!