Hello, from a very new member.

Covila

Hello all, I've never owned a Skoda and came here via my satisfaction with VAG group cars specifically VW. It was time for my wife and I to replace our  vehicles and the equivalent Skoda model seems for better value than VW hence the switch. We currently have a Kamiq 1.0 TSI 110 DSG SEL exec on order for delivery around the end of the month and a Kodiaq 1.5 TSI 150 PS DSG SEL Executive due for delivery at the end of March. 

The Kamiq is one of the current stock models that SKODA recently ran a sales campaign on and seemed like a good car for my wife who hasn't had a new car for 20 years!!! Her last car was a Citroen C3 which we had from new,  she used her car daily  in the course of her job and despite their reputation it never let us down once, it still starts first time whatever the weather.  However having just retired and having a dog we now need something different. Whilst the Kamiq is of a fairly high spec  we would have liked a powered tailgate but alas it was not to be. Being a retired engineer I'm looking to see if I can retrofit the tail gate at a reasonable cost. I can see there are various complete kits out there but they are very expensive so am looking for advice and probably piece parts from which I can build a kit. If anyone has been down this road before and can help me with the part numbers for the different components, wiring harnesses and instructions etc I would be extremely grateful.

Similarly, we would have liked the variable height floor so there was  a flat floor for our dog, but again wasn't fitted to the car we have bought. As far as I can determine it is possible to retrofit this at a reasonable cost.  I believe I need a new raised floor panel, the left and right forward guides and  possibly new lashing eyes. As far as I can tell the load compartment walls are the same with the exception that the variable floor side wall panels have cut outs in them for the guides and lashing eyes, I can cut holes if nothing else! I have seen several posts on the website covering this subject but wonder if part numbers or other details may have changed since these were written. I even noticed that one member had made his own plywood floor, which looked very good and would be my fall back option if I could not convert it.

Lastly I need to get an 18inch  spare wheel and tool kit for the Kamiq which only has the standard inflation kit, I know I can get these from Skoda but at a cost,  so if anyone has a good set they are looking to sell then I may be interested.

I currently have a Mk2 Tiguan which I've had from new and is without doubt the best car I've ever had ( used to have Volvos for many years) which will be replaced by the Kodiaq so will be selling the Tiguan, if anyone should be interested let me know and I will give you the details. It is Mid 2016  low mileage VW Tiguan II  2.0 TDI 150 hp DSG 4motion SEL with quite a lot of additional options, which I've had from new.  However that is not the purpose of this post which really is just to say hello to fellow Skoda owners and raise the flag as to what I can learn from others regarding the  listed modifications for the Kamiq.

Well that's it from me.

Adrian