Kufatec Sound Booster Extended on a Superb 280/206

As the title suggests, I’ve been playing around with a Kufatec sound booster on my SuperB. I was never really happy with any of the EA888 exhaust options. None of them could fill the V8/EJ25 shaped hole on my heart so decided to have some fun with it.

Scrounged together the parts second hand over about 12 months and eventually got it all together. 

There is no space under the car for the sound module so put it in the spare wheel well. This is not a big deal for me as the space saver spare doesn’t fit over my big brakes anyway so was an easy option. Used expanding foam and Sika flex to hold it in place. The module outlet faces down over one of the bung plugs in the wheel well….

IMG_1050.thumb.jpeg.aa98cdb768eee45c61e864f36861d819.jpeg

I got my hands on a few OEM exhaust sound modules including the Kodiaq RS, Audi SQ5 and Maserati Ghibli. 

The Kodiaq module has profiles that are very diesel sounding. The Audi module is better but the way it translates revs sounds quite artificial. Profile 3 on the Audi module was my favorite.

The Maserati module has the most realistic output in my opinion. Seems to have more layered and chaotic engine noises that are less linear on acceleration than the Kodiaq and Audi modules.

The profiles are quite loud and day to day I’ve dialed the volume back to around 40-50% to give a slight but noticeable burble above the stock exhaust. To give the best indication of the result here is a video of the full-fat profile 5 option with 70-100% volume, irregular idle and a slight startup flare with the Maserati module…

The intention is to keep this for the sloppy V8 burble and go to stage 2 and get some DSG farts on top of it. 

Edited by Frankenfurter
Spelling
  • Like 2

On 25/02/2024 at 21:58, numskull said:

I hope to gawd it never leaks. 😳

It’s well sealed now and if I want to remove it I can simply replace the bung. Not planning on taking it swimming either!