Rapid Tailgate Leak

Rapido65

My 2016 Rapid is a hatchback (not Spaceback) and I recently noticed water dripping out from around the two round, rubber stops when I opened the tailgate. When I prised off the round plastic clips holding the interior trim to the bottom of the tailgate water poured out through the holes.

Initially I thought that this might be from the rear washer hose either splitting or coming apart at the connection with the wiper motor but I have made a point of not using the washer at all for a couple of weeks and it is still peeing water out of the holes. Its worse after heavy rain so I'm guessing it is leaking in, but from where? The boot itself has thankfully remained dry so far.

Anyone else here had this problem and managed to solve it?  

• 1 month later...

hi, did you find the solution,

i have a similar issue, but the water is not getting in the tailgate it self, but it creeps around the gasket/rubberseal, and then gets drops on the bottom left

Hello Joller. In the end I asked my local independent garage to take a look when I put it in for a service yesterday. Turned out to be leaking around the seal where the wiper shaft goes through the rear screen - a quick and cheap fix. I gave it a good long spray with the hosepipe today and no ingress at all.