ABS / TC Lights - 01276

Hi,

I have had the abs and traction control lights come on my dash.

Ive taken it to a garage who read the code as "01276 - ABS Hydraulic Pump". I don't have any problems with my brakes or any other part of the car - as far as i can tell. They cleared the fault codes for me, however they came back on the next morning.

I have read some of the other posts relating to code 01276 but they seem slightly different. There doesn't actually seem to be anything wrong with my car. I have checked the battery and the fuses under the bonnet - no problems there. There is a bit of 'old weepage' around the abs module but looks like its been that way for awhile. Sometimes when i start the car there is only an abs light on shortly followed by the traction control light coming on. Sometimes they both come on and sometimes they both come on, then go off, then come on again...

Now if i need to just replace the abs module then fine but part of me feel like I'm changing it for no reason (to an extent) given that i don't have any problems with my braking system. FYI i had the system bled and fresh fluid in Nov last year.

Has anyone else come across the problem im describing? Did you just replace the module and everything was ok or was it something else i could look in to?

My car is a 2010 VRS Mk2 petrol. DSG. About 130k miles.

Any help appreciated. TIA

21 minutes ago, Dowsett said:

I don't have any problems with my brakes or any other part of the car - as far as i can tell.

You wouldn't notice ABS issues unless you were to brake hard enough (or on a split mu surface) to activate the anti-lock.

Paws,

I did think that but the actual hydraulics are working. I was thinking of testing it (on a private road) but not sure it would replicate it.

I did have an incident in January where someone went through a puddle on the motorway next to me. There was a lot of water and the ABS kicked in. Ok this was before the abs light came on but thought it was worth mentioning.

There is obviously a problem in the system somewhere otherwise warning lights wouldnt be on so im not that naive...

12 minutes ago, Dowsett said:

I did think that but the actual hydraulics are working.

Where do I say or even imply otherwise? ABS issues are almost always in the electronics or possibly the valve block.

• Like 1