Auto light assistant

Hi guys,

I've been the owner of the Octavia IV for a few days now, I feel great and I'm having fun with obdeleven.

Through the my skoda app I saw that I can purchase high beam assist.

Is there a procedure with standard or obdeleven coding?  Thank you so much.

Screenshot_20240310_123247_Chrome.jpg

I got the trial of that and traffic sign recognition.

Only got high beam assist today but it is very useful.

Pay for it, and then it will download straight away 

• Like 1

On 12/03/2024 at 21:46, wantaskoda said:

I got the trial of that and traffic sign recognition.

Only got high beam assist today but it is very useful.

Pay for it, and then it will download straight away 

How does one get the traffic sign recognition?  I don't have this option, only the light assist like mangio85.

Thanks

Curious - Is the auto headlight dipping effective and reliable?  Does it switch between full beam and dipped in good time?  Did you need to visit a dealership to fully activate it (that's what it says on the item on Skoda Connect but I wonder if that's just to ensure headlight levels are properly adjusted).

Well I have an RS, so it was option that I took as it was good on the previous car as I did a lot of night driving, which I now don't do as I have retired due to a mental health problem. So it's pre-activated.

I'd imagine that if you buy it, it's activated via OTA update and no need to go to a dealer for it.

But if you but & activate it and put it on the blue A setting and have it on high sensitivity in the infotainment system, then I've found it to be very quick and bar the odd BMW & Audi driver (do they count?) I've not had any issues with being flashed. 

1 minute ago, TheWanderer said:

Well I have an RS, so it was option that I took as it was good on the previous car as I did a lot of night driving, which I now don't do as I have retired due to a mental health problem. So it's pre-activated.

I'd imagine that if you buy it, it's activated via OTA update and no need to go to a dealer for it.

But if you but & activate it and put it on the blue A setting and have it on high sensitivity in the infotainment system, then I've found it to be very quick and bar the odd BMW & Audi driver (do they count?) I've not had any issues with being flashed. 

I would be curious to try it but would prefer a free trial prior to paying £170.  Unfortunately no option on the store for a trial.  Maybe I’ll message them to see if it’s possible?