Retrofit Remote locking to 2011 Skoda Octavia MK2 1.4TSI S

Hi everyone, Last month, I bought a Skoda Octavia MK2 (1.4 TSI S, registered in 2011). It’s a very basic one with no remote locking.  My previous car had remote locking, and after using it for 1 month, I came to realise how much I miss the remote locking feature, especially with 2 young kids. I tried to get quotes from an auto locksmith in Edinburgh. The quote came in at £360 (the central locking system installed on your car, cutting new key blades for flip remotes, and programming 2 new keys to the car is £360).  Is the quote reasonable?

Are there any recommendations around Edinburgh? All advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks

4 minutes ago, Nag_Ray said:

Hi everyone, Last month, I bought a Skoda Octavia MK2 (1.4 TSI S, registered in 2011). It’s a very basic one with no remote locking.  My previous car had remote locking, and after using it for 1 month, I came to realise how much I miss the remote locking feature, especially with 2 young kids. I tried to get quotes from an auto locksmith in Edinburgh. The quote came in at £360 (the central locking system installed on your car, cutting new key blades for flip remotes, and programming 2 new keys to the car is £360).  Is the quote reasonable?

Are there any recommendations around Edinburgh? All advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks

It doesn't sound unreasonable to me, given that a lot of the things needing doing are not DIY.

• Like 1

I asked him to give me a bit more information on the work, and he responded, "Your comfort module has no antenna for remote function. You either need to replace the comfort module and program it with special tools for the car or install an additional remote locking system. This is what I do. Also, you will need the new keys programmed into the car to be able to have flip keys instead of one mechanical key and a separate remote fob.

I am just curious to know: does my car require a new comfort module to support a remote locking system?  When I was searching the forum, I found this topic. My understanding was that my car might not require a new module. Am I correct?

• 3 weeks later...

Just an update: When I asked for remote keys, all of the locksmiths told me the remote locking feature was not available on my car. Yesterday, I convinced one of the auto locksmiths to try the remote keys without touching the CCM. He managed to pair the remote key, cut a new blade, and programme the chip to start the engine. Thanks a lot @SashaGrace for sharing your experience.

• Like 1