Power graph for 1.4 16v

Any one here has actually put a 1.4 16v fabia on a rolling road?

I can certainly feel some power kicks in at 2500rpm and beyond, and I usually change gear around 2500-3000rpm. But I never know how much bhp I am actually using under (my) normal driving. I know my 1.4 is slow, but I am just curious.

Obviously, I am also wondering at what rpm the 1.4 16v engine can produces 100bhp. :)..............my pure guess would be 4500rpm.:confused:

Yup, I suppose a power graph would sort me out nicely.

The 1.4 16V is extremely slow under 1-1.5K RPM.. it'll almost die if you life the clutch quickly.. but as mentioned above.. maximum BHP is at 6000 RPM but if u wanna have a much better acceleration and top end let it rev till 6.5K ;)

My own 1.4 feels like it pulls much harder after 4500rpm almost to 6500rpm.. not like the picture tells... can`t tell for sure' date=' but at least it feels good :P[/quote']

Same here.. it goes really well after 4K till 6.5K

crv_305x405_J4_6Y.jpg

My own 1.4 feels like it pulls much harder after 4500rpm almost to 6500rpm.. not like the picture tells... can`t tell for sure' date=' but at least it feels good :P[/quote']

According to this graph. I have been using about 60 bhp only :eek: (drive below 3500rpm), may be lesser since the graph is too linear to be true and you guys suggest it goes better after 4500rpm.

My 1.4 is almost 6 years old, don't think I will ever pull the rev up to 6500. Is good to know tho. THX

Having covered just 2.5k so far, I'll admit to being underwhelmed at first. Changing up at 2500 -3000 revs has been usual for my prevous cars - all 1.3 or smaller engines and smaller lighter bodies. Driving a 1.4 16v Fabia has changed my technique. The car will meander around town happily when keeping the revs below 3500 but for decent progress I change up at 4500, or a little over 6000 if I'm overtaking.

I believed that keeping the revs down would aid good fuel consumption, but have found that because this engine appears to operate more efficiently at higher revs, I can 'gun it' when needed and it still does what it says on the tin. I'm averaging 43mpg, happy with the way it goes for a 1.4 and love the exhaust rasp when accelerating hard.

I looked long and hard before buying and believe nothing comes close to the combination of space, performance and build quality for the price.

According to this graph. I have been using about 60 bhp only :eek: (drive below 3500rpm)' date=' may be lesser since the graph is too linear to be true and you guys suggest it goes better after 4500rpm.

My 1.4 is almost 6 years old, don't think I will ever pull the rev up to 6500. Is good to know tho. THX[/quote']

My 8v is 6 years old and I drive between 5-6k Daily when I'm in the mood, Never done it any harm at all.

I looked at a lot of cars before buying this one (1.4 16v 74 Kw). I'm very happy with it. I like the way you can meander around town at low revs in comfort (or if you mums in the cars :thumbdwn:) then gun it at high revs (when your mums not in the car :thumbup:) and listen to the sweet sounding exhaust note. Not the fastest car in the world by any means but its still comfortable and has enough storage space and some pace when needed.

Oh and to kill a car by over reving it you would have to redline it for around a 1 min constantly I think. Correct me if Im wrong.

I looked at a lot of cars before buying this one (1.4 16v 74 Kw). I'm very happy with it. I like the way you can meander around town at low revs in comfort (or if you mums in the cars :thumbdwn:) then gun it at high revs (when your mums not in the car :thumbup:) and listen to the sweet sounding exhaust note. Not the fastest car in the world by any means but its still comfortable and has enough storage space and some pace when needed.

Oh and to kill a car by over reving it you would have to redline it for around a 1 min constantly I think. Correct me if Im wrong.

When Ford Test Engines they are redlined for weeks to simulate over 100,000 miles of wear. It was on TV Somewhere. The Rev limiter is there to stop you over-revving the engine though. Hold it for 10 seconds and it will log a fault code anyway, but why would you want to.

I like the way you can meander around town at low revs in comfort (or if you mums in the cars :thumbdwn:) then gun it at high revs (when your mums not in the car :thumbup:)

I am another way round, gun it when my mum is in the car, because she is kind of BIG.:o

Life is seriously boring under 3k on an engine. If your not supposed to use the full rev range, they wouldn't have made an engine capable of doing it! I would also think that it doesn't lead to a particularly healthy engine. They need the cobwebs blowing out every so often. I don't run around just below the red line all day, but I make full use of the revs available in a gear. Maybe thats why I only get about 270-280 miles out of a tank on the Focus... Roll on the diesel powered Fab!!!

Obviously the above is speaking from a petrol engine point of view... I'm gonna have to seriously change by driving style when the vRS arrives!

Well, I had a 16v 1400 and so did the wife. The two cars where so different to

drive that I am convinced that mine had be mapped. Her car had more grunt at

the lower end of the rev range but mine went ballistic at the top end. Would

also pull 130 abroad....

This motor really does have to be revved to get going. I find that a launch has to be done at around 4000 to get the best get up and go. Otherwise anything will beat you until about 25 or 30 mph. After 2nd gear and ~30mph its great and hopefully there's still straight left.

Its also good on the highway, but bad on slow hills.:cool::thumbdwn:

I agree with the above, the exhaust note is really nice for a small engine. :thumbup:

wow.. the 1.4 55 KW has got almost as much torque as the 1.4 16V 74KW

That Graph needs practically a perfectly straight line between 2.5k-5k IMO

They both have 93 ft/lbs, but Some places have it written down as 88 ft/lbs. The 1.4 8v pulls between 2.5-5k exactly the same, the power is almost perfectly flat. Being an 8v it can't breathe as well between 5-6k and you loose a lot of power. It's also useless below 2k. I think around town you can expect the performance of the 1.4 8v to be closer to a 1.0 or something like that. Once on an open road or motorway, it's just a 1.4 like any other really. I think weight is alot of the problem.

In Gear accelleration at slower speeds is better on the 8v too

Typical 8v vs 16v Comparison, The 8v has it better low down and doesent need the nuts revved off it, but the 16v has the top end.