Boot LED replacement

Tpet

I replaced the boot LED of my Karoq and decided to share the pictures here in case someone is considering this change and is wondering if it’s worth it. In my opinion – it is. The pictures were taken in a semi-lit garage but you can still see the difference; I assume that it will be much more drastic in pitch-black surroundings. Not sure if I’m allowed to share where I bought it from, but it was not AliExpress. The 'installation' takes literally seconds; I just had to remove the old LED with a prying tool, unplug the cable, plug it into the new module, and put it back in.

PS. The thing in bubble wrap are bonnet dampers, which is the next thing I plan on installing on the car. Not sure if I'm using the proper term, pardon my broken English :D

Here are the pictures (pardon the mess in the boot):

Before:
Before.jpg
After:

After.jpg

• Like 1

Hello Tpet,

that sure makes a lot of difference.

I recently changed all my interior lights for led.  

Did you change them also?
I think it's way better then the OEM lights.

You can see the end result on my Karoq pictures in the gallery.

Regards,

Lico

Hey Lico,

All my interior lights are LED by default (facelift thing maybe?). So was the one in the boot, I just replaced it with a more powerful one.

• 1 month later...

Hello guys,

just replaced today the old led with a new one from aliexpres,and the difference is huge.

The camera was set to manually so that the difference can be better seen! Same settings for both pictures 🤘🥂

Let there be light! 😎

2024-04-29_21.22.21.jpg

Edited by Viorel_92