OBD2 port (rhd)

Where is the obd2 port on rhd Mk 4 Octavias? Have I got to remove the glove box? If that's anything like getting to the fuses in the Mk3, that's a right faff (took me forever to get the damn locking arm reconnected).

1 hour ago, petecollier said:

Where is the obd2 port on rhd Mk 4 Octavias? Have I got to remove the glove box? If that's anything like getting to the fuses in the Mk3, that's a right faff (took me forever to get the damn locking arm reconnected).

It's to the right of the steering wheel below the storage cubby that opens downwards.

If you open the driver's door and get on your knees you'll easily see it.

• Like 1

You’ll find it pretty much the same place on any car as regulations state it must be within 2 feet of the steering wheel.  

27 minutes ago, Neily03 said:

You’ll find it pretty much the same place on any car as regulations state it must be within 2 feet of the steering wheel.  

I did not know that! That's useful for future reference, thank you. 

I have never "easily" seen mine on any of the vehicles, in fact I would go as far as to say that despite trying many times I have never managed to see any of them but I do only have one eye and until the recent cataract op it was hopeless close up and in the gloom.

So my OBDII port is a bit like my bodies rear orifice, I know that its there, I can reach it and never miss but have never seen it 🤣

Edited by J.R.