Rns510/Columbus to RNS315 -BT microphone

My original fit Columbus is on its last legs,  rebooting itself, DVD drive whirs away sounding like a plane taking off then gives an error message every 15 min or so etc, so time to replace it.

I mostly listen to the radio, and I'm really not bothered about phone integration beyond Bluetooth for calls and maybe music streaming, so I've bought myself an RNS315 DAB that was going cheap. 

It all works as it should, however I'm not sure what to do with the Bluetooth. 

I left the original BT module connected under the seat, and my phone paired fine to it. It appeared correctly on the screen and in the maxidot etc, however when I made a call, I could hear fine, but the other end couldn't hear me.

The RNS315 has the Mac address populated on the sticker so I assume that it has built in BT. When I disconnected the BT module and rebooted it, it said that phone was not available. I couldn't see anyway of activating the built in BT.

Do I need to code the RNS BT to activate with vcds, or is the separate BT module better?

Do I need to do anything with the wiring for the microphone, or is it a setting somewhere?

From reading other threads @pab567 seems to be one of the most knowledgeable on this these days. 

Any help appreciated.

Edited by softscoop

I should be able to get a picture of the connections later on.

Am I right in thinking though that if I am keeping the standard BT rather than using the inbuilt in the RNS315 it should use the standard microphone connection?