VW Passat CC Suspension, apologies if not allowed.

I've acquired a 2012 Passat CC 2.0tdi. The car drives really well but has a knocking from the rear. I took it my local place and he replaced the anti roll bars as they were past their best, also both rear tyres as worn on the inside. The knocking is still there. He's checked the lower part of the springs and they are fine and suggests it's either the shocks or the rear subframe bushes. On the off chance I thought I'd get an opinion on here and see what you guys might think it would be.

Really appreciate any advice as always 👍👍

Quick thoughts. -

Are you sure he replaced the anti-roll bars, are they special and not just metal bars?

I'm also not sure what you mean by lower part of the springs but might be missing something.

There could be two different issues or one issues causing the knock and tyre wear.

The dampers (shocks) - are they akward to get off for your garage to have taken them off to test.

There is also a Tyres & Wheels forum yo could try if you don't get many responses here.

A bit of tangent advice, we had a diesel folding roof car so I would suggest for the sake of the driver and passengers (and everyone else around) you run it on something like V-power diesel (at least every 3rd tankful, better all the time) so you get clouds of white/silver smoke rather than the usual black (check your rear mirrors on gear drop hard acceleration).  The stuff out of the exhaust doesn't all go behind the vehicle.  And changes of engine air filter, oil and oil filter and other cleaning can help.