Changing Air Filters

Further to my ramble on another page about dealer servicing, today I replaced both my air filters.

Yesterday, my local garage (4 minute walk from home) changed my oil and filter (with oil and filter provided by me) and ticked off all the boxes for a First Service. Even reset the service flag.

For fun I timed myself.

Engine air filter took me 5 minutes. From exiting garage. Didn’t look very dirty at 9,400 miles.

Pollen filter took longer - 9 minutes all in - because I had to return to garage for a big screwdriver to lever the tags back that release the glovebox lid.

The side tags seem different from my previous Kodiaq and I couldn’t lever them sideways with my fingers. Awkward access and stronger “spring”. I was ready for the RH cog wheel jumping out of place, so reassembled the RH damper before popping the glovebox lid back into place.

Pollen filter was pretty dirty. Must be doing a good job.

Haven’t calculated my savings yet 🙂

IMG_6854.jpeg

IMG_6851.jpeg

IMG_6850.jpeg

IMG_6849.jpeg

IMG_6846.jpeg

IMG_6845.jpeg

IMG_6843.jpeg

Can't find it - what ramble?

You changed both pollen and air filter at 1yr or 9400 miles?  Whereabout in central Scotland do you live - next door to the Grangemouth cracking refinery?  :D

Or one of those new landfill sites at Polmont or the M74 next to Daldowie? :D

Edited by kodiaqsportline

The cabin / pollen filter looks quite clean.

It’s a charcoal filter which makes it look dirty even though it may not be.

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, kodiaqsportline said:

Can't find it - what ramble?

You changed both pollen and air filter at 1yr or 9400 miles?  Whereabout in central Scotland do you live - next door to the Grangemouth cracking refinery?  :D

Or one of those new landfill sites at Polmont or the M74 next to Daldowie? :D

Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

Edited by BoxerBoy