Skoda Yeti - cruise control Retrofit.

dankfir

Hello guys.

I have Skoda Yeti 5L 2014 152HP 112kw 1.8 TSI petrol engine DSG 6 4X4
VIN CODE:
TMBLB65LXD6089057

My vehicle originally comes without cruise control, but with MDF and control options through the steering wheel (see attached photo).

The original steering control module No: 5K0.953.569.A
The original combination switch No: 5K0.953.502.K

I have consulted with several parts stores and was told that I can retrofit cruise control, just I must replace both of these parts with other parts that support cruise control.

The original replacement parts:

Cruise Combi Switch No: 5K0.953.502.N
Steering Control Module No: 5K0.953.569.AL

I bought these two new and original parts (see the attached photos) and installed them on the car, I checked that all the wires were well connected.

After installing the parts I made the necessary settings according to the instructions I saw in the YouTube video in the link below, using the VCDS software.

I changed the settings in both the engine settings and the steering system settings.

But unfortunately, the cruise control does not work, what I do get is an error code (picture attached).

Has anyone made such a change and can help me solve the problem? really appreciate that.

Thanks in advance.

MFD steering wheel.jpg

New combination switch.jpg

new steering control module.jpg

VCDS Engine fault code.jpg

One possible reason; there has to be a wire from the ECU to the steering controller, without this it won't work. 

Get googling, there's loads of info out there. 

Different car but I've been wrestling with this for some time now, column control not MFW.

I've got to the point where with OBDEleven I can see the cruise control commands working, On/Off, Up/Down etc. but still need some additional programming to make it actually work. Ostensibly OBDEleven does it but in practice doesn't!

Unfortunately, apart from the main dealer who doesn't want to know, I haven't found anyone with VCDS to do it and I can't justify buying it myself just for this.