Apps failing to load properly on screen

When using android auto I frequently find that apps other than Google maps (which is pretty reliable) don't load properly and I have to go into my phone and, for example, start music in the music app I'm using (USB Audio Pro or Amazon Music). This usually starts the music but the screen often still doesn't load up properly in the car.

An example photograph is attached. The blue circle icon on the right below Google maps icon is USB audio pro. You can see the screen portion for that app hasn't loaded at all in this case, though I have music playing with it.

Does this sort of thing happen to anyone else?

IMG_20240324_092842.jpg

12 minutes ago, mccririck said:

When using android auto I frequently find that apps other than Google maps (which is pretty reliable) don't load properly and I have to go into my phone and, for example, start music in the music app I'm using (USB Audio Pro or Amazon Music). This usually starts the music but the screen often still doesn't load up properly in the car.

An example photograph is attached. The blue circle icon on the right below Google maps icon is USB audio pro. You can see the screen portion for that app hasn't loaded at all in this case, though I have music playing with it.

Does this sort of thing happen to anyone else?

IMG_20240324_092842.jpg

All the time & it's pretty annoying. For me, it's always the media player that doesn't load whether that be Spotify or PocketCasts. You sometimes 'force' it to load by pressing the rearrange button bottom right (no idea what it's really called).

• Like 1

Same here. Sometimes apps don't load in, but as mentioned above hitting the button to rearrange the apps does the trick, or hitting the icon for the app that isn't displayed a couple of times.

Occasionally, AA locks up completely and none of the buttons do anything. Have found the only way to fix that is to restart the infotainment completely using the power button. 

I am on older software version (1896), so not sure if this is any better in the latest version.

11 hours ago, mccririck said:

The rearrange button hasn't worked for me when I've tried it 

Try making the Waze / Maps view larger (press on it) then try the re-arrange button. That usually works for me.

On 29/03/2024 at 08:26, Maxi24 said:

Try making the Waze / Maps view larger (press on it) then try the re-arrange button. That usually works for me.

No it doesn't work for me.

• 4 weeks later...

Realise it's been a while since the last post in this thread, but after having AA issues like this since I bought my car, I managed to resolve them at the weekend.

I previously had all app and screen animations disabled on my phone (pixel 7), and I read a post by someone on another forum saying this caused them issues with AA. I switched the animations back on, and also removed any apps from the AA settings that I never use. 

I then had no issues whatsoever on a couple of long drives at the weekend - all AA apps loaded in properly and AA didn't lock up and become unresponsive once (something that was happening on every drive previously).

This might be very specific to my phone & car, but thought I'd share the info incase it helps anyone else. 👍🏻

• Like 2