Skip to content

STEV0

Finding my way
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  1. I couldn't find any suitable tools to use the same approach as OP, so after work today I removed the rear bumper completely, reconnected the valance / under tray with the bumper off the car and reassembled. Probably took 30 to 45 minutes in total, and was quite straight forward. I took the valance / under tray off in the first place to allow access to replace a faulty parking sensor, but doing it that way was a complete pain. If I ever have to replace a another sensor I will absolutely just remove the bumper from the outset. As an aside, my local Skoda dealership wanted 2 or 3 hundred quid just to investigate the parking sensor issue I had, and another independent garage I went to refused to change the faulty sensor for me as their scan for faults didn't show an issue with the parking distance control system, even though I was convinced one sensor in particular was broken. I bought a new sensor from eBay for 35 quid and changed it myself, and all is now working perfectly. Just glad I pushed through my apprehension and did it myself for minimal cost and a whole load of satisfaction 👍🏻
  2. Having the same issue after I removed that bottom plastic trim to allow access to replace a faulty parking sensor. Can't for the life of me get it to click back in so will try with a piece of wood tomorrow. Just need to find a windlass or something similar 😂 Any other advice welcome from anyone that happens to read this!
  3. I've tried listening to them, feeling them... Never been able to hear of feel anything, even on my front sensors which I know are all working correctly...
  4. Excellent thanks 👍🏻 Been living without the rear sensors for a while, but finally getting around to doing something about it!
  5. Awesome thanks. Maybe I'll take mine in to a local shop if it's potentially a quick job. One follow up question, how did you identify the dodgy sensor? Was it actually the one with the ! next to it? (I've learnt that it's not always wise to believe what the infotainment screen is telling me!) Thanks again 👍🏻
  6. Hi there. I'm facing this issue and need to replace one of my rear sensors. Did you ever manage to get info on how to actually get to it to swap it out? Cheers!
  7. Thanks for this comprehensive info! Extremely helpful. I haven't had time to do anything about this issue, so about 5 weeks ago I took the fuse for the infotainment system out and just drove the car like that for a month, including some longer 200+ mile trips. Then about a week ago, I put the fuse back in just out of curiosity, and strangely it's all been fine since. We went away for the weekend just gone, and probably drove about 250 miles in total with no issues. Car has been parked in full sun during this time and the inside of the car has got pretty hot too. I don't necessarily think I've seen the last of this issue, but I'm glad it's working at the moment at least.
  8. Spoke too soon! It was fine for a couple of days and has just this evening started playing up again. I've pulled the fuse to the infotainment system to preserve battery and my sanity when driving until I can get it looked at. @ChubbsH Given that it's a known issue, affecting many cars, I'm going to cut out the middle man and go straight to Skoda UK. I don't want to have to spend unnecessary money on diagnostics etc at the dealership.... What method of contact worked best for you when you dealt with them? Cheers. 👍🏻
  9. Hi ChubbsH - I've had the car for about 3 years, and never encountered this issue at all until the past week. Having done the switch of user profile and factory reset I described above, the infotainment became instantly stable again, and I've not had the issue since. Time will tell though, and I'm not fully convinced that the issue won't resurface at some point, so I'm keeping in the back of my mind that it's going to need some work at the dealer at some point. My car is out of warranty though, so I'm thinking about how to get skoda to do the right thing and not charge an arm and a leg to fix it if and when the need arises. Cheers.
  10. Posting this incase it helps anyone... A couple of days ago my 2020 Octavia 1.5 petrol started having this issue. I went out to the car after it had been parked overnight and the infotainment screen was lit up and the radio was playing, even though the car was parked and locked up. Then when driving the system was continually restarting over and over. I disconnected the battery overnight hoping that would sort it out, but the issue persisted the next day. I read somewhere that this is either a hardware fault with the infotainment control module if you're unlucky, or possibly due to issues with your skoda driver profile getting stuck in a loop when it tries to sync with the cloud. I switched to the guest profile and then removed my driver profile and did a factory reset of the infotainment system. So far, since doing that the issue has disappeared. Time will tell though if it's fully resolved it. I'm going to give it a couple of days before adding my profile back. I'm guessing that this advice may already be in this thread somewhere, but thought I'd add my experience incase others have recently faced this issue and head straight to the last comment like I did. 👍🏻
  11. Hi Mark. I need to replace one of the rear sensors on my MK4 2020 Octavia. Did you find a guide or similar explaining how to do it? Or did you just work it out. Would be interested if you have any tips. Cheers. Steve.
  12. No still not working. Any luck with yours? Do you have a message asking you to clean the sensors? No amount of cleaning has resolved the issue with mine!
  13. Hi all. I have a 2020 MK4 Octavia estate, SE Tech. Manual gearbox. Since a couple of days ago the rear parking sensors have stopped working on the car, and I'm getting a message on the infotainment telling me to clean the rear sensors. I've cleaned them a couple of times and there are no signs of damage. Message still pops up when I put the car into reverse. It started happening after I picked the car up from its service and MOT last week, so I'm wondering if it's something the garage did. Or it could just be coincidence. Grateful for any advice anyone has that has experienced similar issues. Cheers! Steve.
  14. Hi all. Interested to see if anyone has experience of the EU breakdown cover provided for UK Skoda owners as part of the approved used warranty. We've had a terrible run of bad luck in recent years with breakdowns in Spain, Italy and France, with last year's trip resulting in repatriation of the car some weeks after returning to the UK. These breakdowns all relate to previous non-Skoda vehicles, and I'm hoping my luck will be improved with my recently purchased Octavia. I've always purchased EU breakdown cover from one of the main UK roadside companies, but haven't been that impressed with the service provided and have typically had to spend a lot of time on holiday liaising with garages, hire car companies etc myself despite the breakdown company promising but failing to help with these types of arrangements. So I'd be really interested to hear any comments from folks that have hands on experience with the Skoda offering. I have read the policy and can see what is technically covered, but from experience what you're sold vs. what you get can vary quite a bit. Cheers. Stevo. (Footnote: I can see there are a few insurance brokers, companies etc that frequent the forums. Respectfully, I'm not looking for offers of alternative cover, but instead info from drivers that have used the Skoda cover. Thanks!)
  15. The car was on 1896 when I got it. I then updated it to 1941 myself and then 1969 a couple of weeks later. All fine so far.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.