Goodbye my friends....

After many years of being on this site I'm at this point of saying goodbye, permanently!  A bit of a wrench although I haven't actually posted on here for a while now, it is still a wrench to finally go. Many of you won't remember me these days I'm sure. I was Estate Man for many years but had a name change later. 

After a string of really good Skodas I stopped buying Skoda cars after two brand new motors turned into disasters causing me to reject them. Dodgy engines and rubbish failing DSG gearboxes sealed the fate of Skoda with me I'm afraid. I moved to Citroen which I have to say I don't regret, but would have still come back into the fold if Skoda had offered something a bit better at that time. 

Anyway, I'm retired and spend inordinate amounts of money on motorcycles and scooters these days as I have my second childhood!!

It's been really good on here and it's a great site. Thank you one and all, and I wish you all and the site the very best for the futures

GeneralPurpose

• Like 2

Cheerio GP :hi:

Doesn't take many lemons to put you right off, does it.  I'm considering the idea of my next car, and it most likely won't be VAG.

Gaz

It shows how far they have fallen when a Citroen is a far better proposition.

Even if Skoda had rested on their laurels and remained as they were and Citroen had really upped their game, which I'm sure they have, then they would at best be equal.

It is certainly not the reliability (lack thereof!) that keeps me remaining loyal to Skoda it is the knowledge base and helpful nature of this forum, most of the info is equally applicable to other VAG models but from what I have gathered the forums are not as good.

I would only consider another manufacturer if there was the equivalent of VCDS available at an affordable price, that for me is an essential for modern vehicles, ony alternative, one I seriously consider is reverting to much older vehicles.

1 hour ago, GeneralPurpose said:

After many years of being on this site I'm at this point of saying goodbye, permanently!  A bit of a wrench although I haven't actually posted on here for a while now, it is still a wrench to finally go. Many of you won't remember me these days I'm sure. I was Estate Man for many years but had a name change later. 

After a string of really good Skodas I stopped buying Skoda cars after two brand new motors turned into disasters causing me to reject them. Dodgy engines and rubbish failing DSG gearboxes sealed the fate of Skoda with me I'm afraid. I moved to Citroen which I have to say I don't regret, but would have still come back into the fold if Skoda had offered something a bit better at that time. 

Anyway, I'm retired and spend inordinate amounts of money on motorcycles and scooters these days as I have my second childhood!!

It's been really good on here and it's a great site. Thank you one and all, and I wish you all and the site the very best for the futures

GeneralPurpose

So long! I wish you a long and happy retirement.

Take care GP and enjoy your retirement. Thanks for your many useful and interesting posts on here.  Hope you'll still want to look in from time to time.