Skoda App wants me to activate my car

Just collected my new to me mk 4,

1.5tsi SE L, 9 months old on a 23 plate.

Was told about the app, it wants me to activate my car & become primary user, I've stopped short of this, concerned I might mess up the infotainment system!

Do I really need to do it?

• Groan 1

1 hour ago, DJD66 said:

Just collected my new to me mk 4,

1.5tsi SE L, 9 months old on a 23 plate.

Was told about the app, it wants me to activate my car & become primary user, I've stopped short of this, concerned I might mess up the infotainment system!

Do I really need to do it?

Becoming the primary user should not mess up the Infotainment system and bring some advantages when run in parallel with the SDkoda App.  I would be more concerned that the Infotainment system is running software version 1941, which you definitely should be.  Personally, I would go ahead and activate thecar and your profile as the Primary user.   Myself and my wife use specific car keys which, when you unlock the car with your set of keys, adjust seats/mirrors / Infotainment preferences to that specific driver.

• Like 2

Do it, because you can check the status of your car easily with a smartphone app. 

The app has some useful information and features on it like fuel level (range), whether it's locked, even where you left the car if you're in a unfamiliar town.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I've created an account downloaded Skoda essentials & Skoda apps, but I haven't been sent a Skoda ID, I have an email titled Skoda ID but apart from one for Skoda themselves, I don't appear to have one.

So unable to activate.

Rang dealer, mentioned it to them, he said try Skoda's ID.

Edited by DJD66

17 minutes ago, DJD66 said:

I've created an account downloaded Skoda essentials & Skoda apps, but I haven't been sent a Skoda ID, I have an email titled Skoda ID but apart from one for Skoda themselves, I don't appear to have one.

So unable to activate.

Rang dealer, mentioned it to them, he said try Skoda's ID.

Can't exactly recall the process but I thought you start the process on your car, with your email address which is then your Skoda ID.  To complete the activation in the car you have to have both key fobs available and press the buttons as instructed to link your car to the Skoda ID / profile.  If you don't get to the part with the key fobs and you just get "Please Wait" that's a bug in the system and often needs the dealer to sort out although some have reported disconnecting the battery, wait a few minutes, then re-connect can sort that issue out.

Edited by spcdust
  • Like 2

Thanks everyone, now sorted, contacted skoda digital services, they messaged me back. Yes it was my email & app password & the 2 keys.

• Like 1