Rear View Camera Misaligned / faulty?

Hi

I’ve only had my Shiny Fabia just over a week. It’s my first one, so things are still a bit strange. When I was reversing today, when I looked at the camera view I was certain it didn’t have the corners “cut off” from view (top left and right) of the camera view. It looks the the red metal colour of the car, but I’m sure I couldn’t see that before. I thought it was just the actual view. I’m not sure if I’m getting mixed up with my previous car. I’ve looked at the camera, and it’s not damaged. I have taken a photo of what I can see. (The yellow is what I’ve drawn to try and point to the parts I am talking about). Can anybody advise if this is correct or if there is a fault / misalignment? I don’t want to go back to the garage if my memory is playing tricks and look stupid. Sooner look stupid on here 🤣🤣🤣

IMG_8958.jpeg

Edited by Headphones
Missed a sentence

It is the overhanging fold in the tailgate, that which stops the rain from falling on the lens, it looks curved and not straight because it is a fish eye lens, if you look at the bottom you can see the same going on with the number plate.

• Thanks 1