Octavia 2014 Infortaiment unit upgrade

Hello,

Apologies if this question has been asked previously.

I own a Skoda Octavia 2014 and am trying to upgrade its infotainment unit. I'm interested in knowing if it's feasible to replace it with any of the newer OEM units available on the market.

Has anyone tried such an upgrade? Or, would it be better to go for an aftermarket android unit?

Thank you.

dash.thumb.jpg.8480c6b932d43fe55ade4e8075547e49.jpghead.thumb.jpg.443a1913c3f35002e173452ed0c6ab70.jpg

On 29/03/2024 at 16:09, octa_user said:

Hello,

Apologies if this question has been asked previously.

I own a Skoda Octavia 2014 and am trying to upgrade its infotainment unit. I'm interested in knowing if it's feasible to replace it with any of the newer OEM units available on the market.

Has anyone tried such an upgrade? Or, would it be better to go for an aftermarket android unit?

Thank you.

dash.thumb.jpg.8480c6b932d43fe55ade4e8075547e49.jpghead.thumb.jpg.443a1913c3f35002e173452ed0c6ab70.jpg

You can update to a newer mib unit.

I see you don't have a gps. You can add a module with a fakra plug and be good to go.

I don't recommend android units as the call quality is crap.

Ask @pab567 to fix you up good, many of us have done it with his cooperation 

Edited by nickytheshaft
  • Like 1