Some help/questions about my Škoda Kamiq

TomazKuzner

Hello,

I just bought used Škoda Kamiq 2022 1.5 ACT Monte Carlo edition!

Question 1 About my lights: The seller told me that it has full Matrix LED (Previous owner supposed to buy it additionally) and few days ago I was driving Golf MK8 R and I noticed this adaptive thing. High Beam stays on and only shadow incoming car! So I started digging and browsing about this Matrix Led light and every video I watched on YT and everything I had read it sound to me that this adaptive thing should be already inside LED Matrix light - if I understand correctly it is kind of point to shine brighter and adapt to incoming traffic! But mine car it's not doing that - I have setting to turn on light assist (which is to only trigger low beam when car is approaching and then it goes back to High beam! I don't think this is normal if I really have matrix LED light! I read somewhere on some forums that ADB is off and that they enabled it with the update! Is there a way to see If I look in the front of the car at the bulb? Is there some very noticeable difference to spot between LED and Matrix - I didn't found anything useful on the internet only picture of the new Škoda Kamiq (2024 FL) which has Matrix included but it looks like that there are two light (one for HIGH Matrix/Adaptive Beam and underneath it classic High Beam?image.thumb.png.dd074b399dee05d9d9826db79a4cc967.png

Question 2 About AA Wireless: I Have Bolero infotainment and my AA isn't working with my Xiaomi 13 Updated to Android 14 HyperOS and after reading forum I know I need to update it to newer version to have this working but this is not my question (but for sure if anyone have some information where and what to download to update it will be much appreciated - I just don't want to brick something)! What I was wondering is that I read on the forums that all car get android auto with wireless connectivity after an update is this info true or not based on my infotainment specs below! I saw that this is possible with ODB11 but I had read that only update of software is enough - If there is no way of doing this with only software update does anybody might know if it is possible with OBD11 for my infotainment!

AP1GczOngskFEmwM5s4s_5odrNnpAggO6u0KsR-lSZ5JZ5E5dYjBYCkF3yRf5EcwHqsgqXbbJnnJP6Z3iO9v6pgPG_9VcHE2u2JbA6BTUErfZC-GcI6ABQv4a6JdZIo7WweVqfCCYFbdmk6NKQdJfnHIKyYXiPV5qx9FAwZxDaZmAbQMED6dM_JuXtXcqEelpTePSKjM7idpUpMIw2TMAuv0IJvAswO0URAbsc9wbH03GYpamsqTyI651qeCCUdQXrAQseOgSVjZvcKd41MnCB_Y-mXjwaxQEh8y3rUZ6u5Gg9MIttyr2nxEJotbKH1t9Md0cknRKMilMDf_i7YMCmSFSNv5M1WdYjUIhCskbyB0D1EPBbY3QpiSONV7CwJsHdDW3iP25rwmQgAOSFhYklqirYTW_ZHh3s4YQVR6F6AsnXk0sS8bQkxsl7HpnjSSeLk6YMG2ZdnC32sz4YslaHj9RB9EjcliNPFJNn6gy2kQSsUsUutNb3b5mxP2k2XpRi_tRDAwcLFXcaGvD6SDJwF61t-LELGgeIsviQRCSOEmPUd67fYZDfy5o41FZSS2oadJsjswcqCh3SzOg-sXoTueAtIp-hg3X-wy8jmGYW34fyMNWXzyOl38bI2KZUqqwvJYmH_-vEZBvkwSzuXX4FBBvH-hf35NY3nUiEKXmAaUUOGVE9x0sbpM3vOoqqdOal_ZlirJOqoANKTMEI8gVh052PSLiSt8ULjKxnikFisJmHRc9usIy4bkJkhMhQRhGRaciUcBZ4T8K9NvMmWFlKglsLvdgJ04wPWNGow0pTYKMVTzmRVui4SmzsIKLE75u4tySgflXKwHKufHjBXrcSgWoLI5dsiykOR3LAXZ6l8Z6oLO2zgz86k0ho-Y5HnVbkGU89hr7E-XBfv9bnnCy7I6Rd2VX7A=w1890-h1418-s-no-gm?authuser=0

I know I have a lot of questions but I had always do some modding but never with cars - Only phones, computers, etc - anyway any help and information will be very helpful!

From what I know matrix lights they have been first time only with the facelift model and they come as standard on Monte Carlo facelift .I know beacose I'm waiting for a Kamiq Monte Carlo facelift and I was quite excited to have matrix lights and sport chassis as standard in this trim. I had a Kamiq SEL for 4 years which I've sold few weeks ago and now my car should be here in one week. 

52 minutes ago, Cristi181278 said:

From what I know matrix lights they have been first time only with the facelift model and they come as standard on Monte Carlo facelift .I know beacose I'm waiting for a Kamiq Monte Carlo facelift and I was quite excited to have matrix lights and sport chassis as standard in this trim. I had a Kamiq SEL for 4 years which I've sold few weeks ago and now my car should be here in one week. 

Congrats! Yes I know that the new monte carlo has matrix light by default but seller (Original Škoda seller) told me that it has Matrix witch was available optional - as I'm seeing I have AP1GczPhqfBTMGiClxcSLB5VAr6MMFIRtIJWhe4CZjx4VZM8qVKRAqbEmXuH99xGE0Fc0kz8rc77Lgi0fwDx0r_Cwpu_dNVCm4huANYnYZYPaTrhJm-nFcST7ug0Q8Ip-A6q2HGj9PS-2Mjf89MC1KhJUsTOKzrDOD9wHTekUA4t4YbSq8kOE8M4J5ne9Ru7JVpGd3vZxiyOdNiEgmfYehHqvfOzSV8pIr0fZS1sdfVIoXFDMzAsznWK8Fe_fQX4vdQFYsYTEdTZT9QUof7YKZ0mr3udhjGbHh4gCt1B-IlvvUXn7Gsj4HUdkTiIg42s9LAoHejHla_Iha22ybgubgA5j17mxoKuD80kx-7mJIjRnqUl2QwiFUZhKev1XJyYf7C82ETB9kXbeML-9ew_qr_3_KXweL86_EPEziE4ROPJ1n613j0apIu_vxMtVZyxAUoRGvMHIblhjpa2GZDwvNufhclKPhQ13KNEdcvBXeyR_i24OMednAkJ4gpIMYXb1o2V9dl4Fd-2Nr6ggI1AQbDrNKjGROQBWc96hDhb5ccoUM-h138i6rCgVWiusQAxCev5_9BwGjf1ubDsLVYRNPcXUFDs1hBOD9q-8VRjQrIC3xj8wxm6SJWnxPGBlI05dqYLO0yhin-5Btl6r9gnoPM0figy-MEHkbe8VfsZ-fw_vej0VjVCO8W454xgg6KCQMp5N5pAX7e_hjIwZ5gxXeaYylXhouBtXjIFgMM9AOrrh8VSfzyirsAZ6fZRkaJSBK2befV-s1GdgQmbEHmjRBJxl0UjpVte1WH7cXW4ty6bZ_HF-CJHJmaIUuhkg2SUR4HNbET0deHyJshvmzRWDWKIThghDtFldcnw54fsNZSzbi2ImMMDvMaBNLLqvuV_gHzJI0r7n5Z4FaUSA3D7bmyNi62FWP4=w1890-h1418-s-no-gm?authuser=0

nad now I'm not even sure if it is Matrix or not! Maybe seller screwed me!

In my experience Dealership salesmen have very little knowledge of the cars they sell.  In this case he’s probably glanced over the specs of the facelift model and assumed that the car he sold you also has matrix lights.

I could be wrong but just saying, pretty much every salesman I’ve dealt with over the years knew very little about the cars they sold me.

11 minutes ago, carefree said:

In my experience Dealership salesmen have very little knowledge of the cars they sell.  In this case he’s probably glanced over the specs of the facelift model and assumed that the car he sold you also has matrix lights.

I could be wrong but just saying, pretty much every salesman I’ve dealt with over the years knew very little about the cars they sold me.

Yes it is true and that happened in my case! Seller just told me that it has Matrix but now I got the info from the Škoda that it has only Full LED unfortunately!