Next Base Dash Cam Installation on a Superb III SE L

Hi,
I used to own a Superb II Elegance and had to turned my dashcam on and off manually since the power socket was constantly on. With my new Superb III SE L Estate (right hand drive), I decided to install the dashcam with Next Base hardwire kit. I posted a new topic asking if anyone could tell me which fuse in the fusebox I could use which would only has voltage when the engine is on. I don't really want my dashcam constantly power on to drain the car battery. One member pointed me to some old posts regarding dashcam hardwired installation but they were not specific to Superb III. Having done some research online (mainly via Youtube) and equipped with a mutlimeter, I managed to install the Nextbase dashcam today. Thought I would share my findings here.

Disclamer: this is not meant to be a tutorial. You fiddle with your car at your own risk. I am not responsible for any damage caused. I cannot gurantee the accuracy of the information provided here.

1. The user's handbook did not make it very clear how to drop the glove compartment to gain access to the fusebox behind. It just said: "Release the box brake pull bin" and a 90 degree bent green arrow. What the arrow meant was "Pull the box brake pull bin towards you first. When you hear a click, pull the bin away from the glove box".

3. The left hand side cover of the dash can be opened easily with a plastic trim tool without unscrewing any screw or bolt. This makes it very easy to feed the cable through to the fuse box underneath the dash and connect the negative terminal of the hardwire kit to a bolt connecting the car body.

2. With my multiple meter, I managed to find out that fuse 48 labelled "Not used" would only had voltage when the engine was on. The voltage dropped to zero when the engine was off. That is the fuse I use with my nextbase hardwire kit. Fuse 48 is the one on the right hand side of that 15Am blue fuse with label 47 for "rear wiper".  This information is specific to Superb III SE L estate. Might be different for other models.

There are plenty of information on Youtube about  how to feed the cable along the roof and pillar trims, and fuse a fuse tap cable etc so I would not repeat it here. Again, this is not a tutorial.

2024-04-03 18.14.38.jpg

2024-04-03 16.10.42.jpg

2024-04-03 18.21.40.jpg

• Like 1

Hi gwu, same here with my Next Base dash cam although I have not fitted the rear facing camera, two things short of time with work and fear of braking the internal trims although I have some trim removal plastic tools, it's almost 2 years since I bought the camera so better get it done if it ever stops raining. 

Funny enough, I just fitted the rear facing camera earlier today. This is the second time  I fitted the rear facing camera. The first time was in the Superb II Elegance. Both times were easier than I anticipated. The key is to have the right tool; those plastic trim tools.  No need to remove any panel. Just a matter of tugging and kneading the cable along the edge of the headliner. The main challenge is the side pillar between the front and rear seats but still no need to unscrew anything. Good Luck.

• Like 1