Towbar question

Hi guys so I'm looking to fit a tow bar to my mk2 octavia at present . I have come across a towbar locally but it came off a mk2 Leon.  My question is will it fit the octavia? My thought on it is the fact the Leon and octavia share the same chassis the same as the golf too. It looks the same shape and mounting points as the octavia ones I have seen. 

The length of the bodywork behind the rear wheels is greater on the Octavia than the Leon.

This suggests the towbar will not fit. It may look the same but I expect the dimensions are very different.

Towbar fixings do not extend that far forward, the cross member bolts to flat plates each side that slide inside the chassis rails after the crash bar is removed, there are blanking plugs in the chassis rails through which the securing bolts fit.

I would be reasonably confident that they are interchangeable, at worst you might need to drill and tap new fixing holes but I doubt it.

A tip, when bolting up these fixings through one side of the chassis rail tighten them to death, so much that the penny washers dish and cup into the very large clearance holes left after removing the blanking plugs, if this is not done then if carrying a heavy twin axled trailer you may find that the towbar has loosened and can be lifted up and down at the towball.