Evening all , I no this has been covered alot , when car is cold and I slight rev I get a wastegate rattle and when driving a rattle , does not do this when car is hot , makes no noise on idle either , drives fine , is this a normal noise can it be adjusted or is it new turbo 2018 Vrs 245.

9 hours ago, DanielQ1999 said:

Evening all , I no this has been covered alot , when car is cold and I slight rev I get a wastegate rattle and when driving a rattle , does not do this when car is hot , makes no noise on idle either , drives fine , is this a normal noise can it be adjusted or is it new turbo 2018 Vrs 245.

On the gen 2 there was a clip you could install over the rod pivot point where the rod connects the wastegate arm. I used it on a mk2 fl.  It was mildly successful. Although it only reduced the rattle and if the wastegate lever is rattling in the bushes it won't do anything.  The clip "may" fit on a mk3 as well. check photos.

• Like 1

Yea i heard they dont do the clip for the mk2 , it doesn't affect any performance just annoying when cold , are skoda even going to do anything about it 

1 hour ago, DanielQ1999 said:

Yea i heard they dont do the clip for the mk2 , it doesn't affect any performance just annoying when cold , are skoda even going to do anything about it 

It wouldn't surprise me if it did fit. They are still using an IHI turbo and it just clips over the pivot. Are you 100% sure it is the wastegate?

Other sellers will be available this was the first I came accross.

Turbocharger Turbo Wastegate Rod Rattle Actuator Clip For TSI FSI VW Audi 2.0/ - Picture 19 of 20

Turbocharger Turbo Wastegate Rod Rattle Actuator Clip For TSI FSI VW Audi 2.0/ - Picture 8 of 20

yea took it to AW Tuning and they checked it , said it isn't a problem as its not affecting the car , I believe the turbo on mine has a thicker arm , its just annoying as dont do it when idle or when warm 

Based on what I replied here in this thread, with a photo of both turbos it won't fit! 😒...... And to me on the vid file in the attached thread, it is moving in the bushings internally as well... 

• Like 1

think its just the arm that moves , been told MRC can remap this out , just more annoying , i have a 2 year warranty but doubt skoda will fault it 

13 minutes ago, DanielQ1999 said:

yea took it to AW Tuning and they checked it , said it isn't a problem as its not affecting the car , I believe the turbo on mine has a thicker arm , its just annoying as dont do it when idle or when warm 

It's a characteristic of the car!! 🫥. That's what VAG maintained for quite a while until the released the clip on the gen 2!!! 

yea cant be surely otherwise they would all do it , aw tuning did say to me that even if i replace the turbo there is a chance once its bedded in will make same sound 

2 hours ago, DanielQ1999 said:

yea cant be surely otherwise they would all do it , aw tuning did say to me that even if i replace the turbo there is a chance once its bedded in will make same sound 

Yep, I think it is a characteristic of enough vehicles that it is significant to get comments and threads but not all. But yes, I would think there is a decent chance that replacing the turbo it is possible for the replacement unit to do it.......  Don't worry about it! Drive with the windows up. Get a louder exhaust or stereo!! 😉 

• Haha 1