Wool / foam cover in the driver's footwell

Hey, just noticed this wool type of pad (see photos) that has come off in the driver's footwell, kinda above and behind the pedals.

Should I be at all worried?
What is it for? Seems like some sort of padding/cover, but it has come completely off even tearing in places.

Anyone knows what's it called so I could order a replacement?

On top of that - the fuses / wiring seems on the left side is uncovered - is that normal?

IMG_20240409_105802.jpg

IMG_20240409_105809.jpg

IMG_20240409_105815.jpg

As an alternative - can somebody perhaps snap a photo of that area and what it looks like in your octavia?

• 3 weeks later...

Hello @santr

well... quite the same on my car, except the fact that the pad is not anymore there! (2nd hand car)

I'm also quite surprised to see ODB plug not even covered, and so many wires easily accessible!... I've been working in the engineering office of another OEM for 10 years and I can tell you this would not have been accepted!

Do you see any part number on this pad? 

Does anyone has a similar definition on this area?

Regards 

20240502_154001.jpg

Thanks for sharing, and no - there is no part number visible on it.

And another quick update from my side - had the car serviced at the dealership and asked specifically about this, their short comment was that "they won't fix it and and won't bother ordering any replacement cover unless I demand it ofc" and recommended simply cleaning it out i.e. ripping rest of the stuff off and forgeting about it. It is not an issue.

So there's that.

ok thanks for sharing this feedback.
So apart form this pad all the rest is fine, no missing cover / trim panel?

1 hour ago, aurell said:

ok thanks for sharing this feedback.
So apart form this pad all the rest is fine, no missing cover / trim panel?

Correct, it's' supposed to be that way'. To be honest - I'm a bit sceptical about wiring being uncovered and open like that, just as you are, but that's a very quick answer that I received.

Would be great if anyone else could chip in, maybe it's just us - two 2nd owners - that are unlucky.

It's the same on my car. 1st owner. Doesn't look anything out of the ordinary to me. 

Regarding the OBD port, as far as I know it needs to be uncovered and easily accessible by the law.