Infotainment Screen upgrade and Reverse camera retrofit guidance.

Hi all,

has been a while since my last post but looking to do a couple of upgrades on my newer Skoda Octavia MK3 Estate, it’s a 2015 1.6 TDI and already has factory rear parking sensors, but looking at adding a reversing camera too, my preference is to do it properly and have been reading the forums about the various kits available on Aliexpress. I assume once programmed the two will work together.

i was looking last night at my existing Headunit etc and will be doing the firmware update soon as it’s very old, looks like I have a MIB1 with PN 5E0035874A (photo attached)

So wanted to check, if this one is suitable as it states it’s for a MK3 Octavia but doesn’t really confirm compatibility with the headunit. Also not sure what is meant by Highline?   https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000788170108.html

At the same time it would be nice to upgrade to a larger screen, looking on another thread the following PN 3V0919606 appears to be what I need, but again before I purchase I wanted to check if it’s compatible and a straight swap, it’s looks the same just with the larger screen.   I have got access to VCDS if needed but would prefer a simple swap if possible.

Any advice / Tips / confirmation on the Screen and Camera I am looking at is gratefully appreciated, many thanks ☺️ 

IMG_6858.jpeg

Edited by Mutl3y_UK
Update URL

@pab567 should be able to help with part numbers or even supplying the bits.

As a rough guide you cannot simply swap an MIB1 screen. You'll need a glovebox unit too as that is the head unit. MIB2 screens are interchangeable (mostly) within their type. 

There's little point spending the money on upgrading the screen size without upgrading to MIB2. This will then allow you to get carplay/android auto too.

Cost wise things may have changed but you'll need a screen, main unit and maybe a USB port. £200, £400 and £xx roughly in that order. Prices go up for bigger, better systems. You'll also need component protection removal by a dealer and also coding by someone like Pab. These cost roughly £150-200 each.

Pab however, can often supply a plug and play solution so worth asking him for advice.

• Like 1

3V0919606 is for Superb, not for Octavia, and it will NOT work with your MIB1 Amundsen. if you want bigger display you have to replace both glove box and display units.

Your current modules do NOT support high camera at all, several of them must have SW upgraded or be retrofitted to work with high camera.

If you are interested in retrofitting infotainment system pls contact me on PM.

• Like 1

Many thanks guys, appreciate the info, sucks a bit but really glad I asked before wasting a lot of money,

Based on this I don’t think I will bother as it will be 3x the cost just for a slightly larger screen. So for now I will just update the firmware version.