Spare wheel and central tool holder.

I have bought and installed the full sized spare wheel along with the polystyrene tool storage. 

I have put the previously installed tool into their new home but am left with the repair bottle

and inflator to find a secure home for. Has anyone got any good ideas on storing these last

two items, please. I did look at the elastic strap but it looks over stretched and not vibration safe.

A photo might help.

* I know I no longer need the repair bottle but I no longer have a garage and definitely no room in my shed.

Not sure this will help as in my case I installed a space-saver wheel.

All I did was to adapt some polystyrene type packaging from another product to take the bottle and pump safely and squeezed it into the wheel dish.

Probably would not work with a full size wheel.

Not much room with the full sized wheel as you supposed, the polystyrene I took out was left outside under a porch

my female cat has moved in as it is warmer than her usual cardboard box.

Best place to store the spare bottle?  --  your dustbin or your local recycle facility.  The so called "repair kit" isn't much use. It won't repair large punctures and doesn't work if the puncture is near the side wall of the tyre.

If it does work, then a lot of tyre repair garages won't repair the puncture because it's too much effort removing the stuff that's stuck to the tyre. You then end up buying a new tyre and there's a good chance that there's still a good amount of tread left on the old one. If they do agree to do a repair they'll charge you a lot extra.

I bought a space saver tyre from the Wheel Shop - good value compared to what my Skoda dealer wanted to charge and it came a good quality jack, wheelbrace and toolbag. Bought the securing bolt from eBay. 

1 hour ago, john1952 said:

I bought a space saver tyre from the Wheel Shop - good value compared to what my Skoda dealer wanted to charge and it came a good quality jack, wheelbrace and toolbag.

Exactly what I did. Great value.

My October 2023-built Fabia was bought from a Skoda dealership's showroom and came with the standard 12V inflator and container of sealant. If I had ordered the car myself, I would have specified that the optional spare-wheel package be included.

There APPEAR to be two spare-wheel options (both costing £150 when ordered for a new car).

1: A steel spare wheel (for 15" wheels) with tool kit and jack and an original equipment tyre.

2: An emergency space-saving spare wheel (for 16"-18" wheels) with tool kit and jack and a space-saving spare wheel.

I asked the dealership to obtain the optional spare wheel 'kit' for my Fabia SE L (that has 16"-diameter alloy wheels) and the 1st type (for £200) was provided. My car has Goodyear 195/55 R16 91V tyres, whereas the 15"-diameter steel spare wheel carries a Nexen 185/65 R15 88H tyre. Obviously neither that steel wheel nor its Nexen tyre match the alloy wheels and Goodyear tyres fitted to the car's other four wheels, but the rolling circumference of 195/55 Ri6 and 185/65 R15 tyres is near as dammit the same. So - if I have to bring the spare wheel into play - the car's handling should not be much affected and the distance and speed limitations that bedevil space-saver tyres won't apply.

As the rolling circumference of the 17"-diameter and 18"-diameter wheels fitted to some Fabias (as standard or optionally) is greater than that of the 15" and 16" wheels, It's possible that a wheel fitted with a 215/45 R17 or 215/40 R18 tyre would not fit in the spare-wheel well, which might explain why there are two spare wheel options.

Anyway, as far as the sealant/inflator is concerned, I initially considered removing the purpose-designed polystyrene 'box' in which the jack and tools are tidily stored and put the jack, tools, sealant and inflator into a bag and store the lot inside the spare wheel. This offended my OCD though and, as i was going to carry other stuff (torque wrench, sockets, fire extinguisher, Glock 30, etc.)  in a couple of bags to be kept in the boot, I just added the sealant and inflator. I've also DIYed a couple of 'pullers' to remove the Aero wheel trims more easily.

(Unusual that all current Fabia models (including the quite-quick Monte Carlo) are said to have rear drum brakes. Probably doesn't matter much I suppose as the front brakes do all the work and there's a sporting chance the handbrake will be more effective.)

4 hours ago, DerekU said:

I've also DIYed a couple of 'pullers' to remove the Aero wheel trims more easily.

I have not really looked at the Aero wheel covers, what are the pullers like, please.

I am surprised I got a free umbrella let alone no pullers.

4 hours ago, gumdrop said:

I have not really looked at the Aero wheel covers, what are the pullers like, please.

I am surprised I got a free umbrella let alone no pullers.

You should have been supplied with a puller when you purchased the car. It's just a metal rod with a small hook on the end of it which hooks into the small holes on the Aero trims. 

If you want my advice, I'd remove the trims and don't put them back on. The Skoda guy who invented those trims has obviously never cleaned  a car's wheels  !!  They prevent you getting at all the brake dust mess that accumulates around the rims and the sides of the spokes. I wouldn't advise taking them off every time you clean the wheels as constantly taking them off and on again will probably damage the alloys over time.  If you do leave them off, you'll need to purchase wheel nut covers and the Skoda wheel centre caps - I got mine from eBay.

If anyone interested I've four of these trims for sale as I don't want mine anymore.  

john1952,

I looked at the original kit and there it was!

re. the Aero wheel covers, they may be needed when you come to sell your car.

Cleaned up they would make unusual wall decoration or put back on the car

could save you money when petrol prices climb again😄

The little spring thingie  

https://shop.wingsskoda.co.uk/products/skoda-removal-tool-for-original-caps-1

in the tool kit is multi-purpose (there's one in my 2009 Roomster's kit) and - although it's adequate for removing the Fabia's Aero wheel trims - it's nowhere near as effective as my pair of DIY 'pullers' that retain the trim after it has been pulled off.

This mid-2023 forum thread discussed the Aero trims in some depth

https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/514305-aero-wheel-trims/

(It's stating the obvious, but the trims are not universal and their size must match the diameter of a Fabia's Proxima alloy wheels.)