Bluetooth Phone Module Upgrade

Hi,

I need to upgrade the bluetooth module in my car from the 5N0 335 730 B that is fitted.

EE have switched off the 3G network so my ancient Samsung Note 4 became obsolete. I have since upgraded to a Samsung Note 10 but cannot connect to my car as it seems rSAP has also become obsolete in the phone.

Reading the forum I can see that upgrading the bluetooth module under the drivers seat would fix the problem.

Would a 3C8 035 730 B module work.

I don't understand some of the terminology.

ONLY FOR CARS WITH WHITE OR MULTICOLOR MFA+  /  DIS - What does MFA+ mean? What does DIS mean?

NOT for cars with red MFA / DIS - What is a red, White or a multicolour one. How would I know.

Just to clarify, fitted is a 5N0 335 730 B with a B.

Was asking about 5N0 335 730 E with an E on the end.

However, having found some further posts on the forum have gone for a "2015 Skoda Superb mk2 Bluetooth Control Module ECU 3C8 035 730E". £75.99 delivered.

I can't believe having now read around that the bluetooth unit fitted to my car became obsolete within a year of purchase. I paid for the optional extra phone calling steering wheel, Columbus etc. Because I had stayed with the same model of phone I never found out until now. B******S.

Still don't know about MFA or DIS.

Thee are no 4G Bluetooth modules as they are all too old to support it.

You should be able to just set the Bluetooth module to hands free rather than premium. It won't then take over the SIM and will just use the phones connection and act as a more traditional hands free.

If you have the multi function steering wheel, on the maxidot screen, go into Phone menu, then settings and change from Premium to hands free. 

You can also disable SIM Access on your phone's Bluetooth settings, that should do the same trick.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, softscoop said:

If you have the multi function steering wheel, on the maxidot screen, go into Phone menu, then settings and change from Premium to hands free.

There is no such option. rSAP only from what I can find out.

edit.

I still need the upgraded bluetooth module just to do that.

Edited by tetley

The forum thread I read is this one.

The module I have is only rSAP. HFP requires a "newer" module. I have a suffice B but at a minimum would need a suffix "D" for HFP. It won't have all the functionality rSAP had but at the moment I have nothing. To be honest I only need to recieve calls.

Text messaging was useless. Texts would be recieved by the car but if you missed them they never appeared in the phone. When the car was new I had lots of people complained that I had not responded to only find out some time later there were dozens of texts in the maxidot display under unread.

There is no bluetooth connection  - "Incompatible Device".

Thanks for the reply anyway. Good to know for future reference.

Just to update.

Fitted the replacement module 3C8 035 730E and the new phone is able to connect.