Rear door won’t unlock! Mirror motor won’t stop!!

Nightmare of a day, left lights on so battery was completely flat when leaving work, no display or central locking it was so low! Had jumpleads so got started and took a good run. From starting the passenger mirror is constantly adjusting itself in, motor constantly on! Allowed me to adjust then just moved back in😡 I’ve disconnected the plug in meantime.

the rear ds door won’t unlock 🤦‍♂️ The interior handle seems to have popped out the cable too (noticed this a while ago and didn’t get chance to check). I removed the handle insert and speaker and can get pliers to the button and rod but when I push up the deadlocks pull back down 🤬 has anyone any advice?????  

If I disconnect the battery will that allow button to come up?

Window doesn’t see to work on this door either. 

Cheers in advance 

Edited by 02VRS

8 hours ago, 02VRS said:

the rear ds door won’t unlock 🤦‍♂️ The interior handle seems to have popped out the cable too (noticed this a while ago and didn’t get chance to check). I removed the handle insert and speaker and can get pliers to the button and rod but when I push up the deadlocks pull back down 🤬 has anyone any advice?????  

If I disconnect the battery will that allow button to come up?

Window doesn’t see to work on this door either.

Odds on you have a broken wire in that door. Does the window winder work?

Posted (edited)

Electric windows dude, neither button on drivers door nor rear itself will put it down.

Do you reckon break in a wire where they go through near hinges?

Is there anyway I can unlock the door? 

Edited by 02VRS

39 minutes ago, 02VRS said:

Electric windows dude, neither button on drivers door nor rear itself will put it down.

That's what I expected. I'm now at least 99% that you have a broken wire in the bellows to the driver side rear door.

If that's the case hopefully I've enough room to open the rubber bellows with the door closed see an issue!

Any ideas regarding the wing mirror? 

32 minutes ago, 02VRS said:

open the rubber bellows with the door closed see an issue

Not a chance IME. The wire snaps inside the plastic sheath, so you need to get a continuity tester in at the individual wires.

Never seen that one with the door mirror before, but the mirror controls are usually passenger side, both sides and motors off.

Messing around with door. Long story short ......disconnected and reconnected battery clutching at straws and lock working again 🤷🏻‍♂️ fixed the hook back on to rear of handle when got door open. Going to reconnect mirror on off chance whatever caused that has reset 😂😂

the rear window opens now too, but only when door open 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 1