Has anyone changed Skoda Octavia mk4 rear brakes?

Hi guys,

So I drive a 2021 Skoda Octavia 1L petrol and the rear brakes need replacing. I have been trying to search everywhere for information and a solid answer on whether this can be done by myself.

My plan was to buy obdeleven or similar and use that to open the epb and perform the pad change.

But the guy who I rent the car from is adamant it cannot be done and he said it takes a dealer or he said knows a guy who is a maverick that can do it. 

I feel like that is total crap. I was trying to help the guy by doing the labour for free if he paid for the pads but he is being awkward.

Does anyone have any info on this at all please? Or have done it themselves?

15 hours ago, Dandesc said:

Hi guys,

So I drive a 2021 Skoda Octavia 1L petrol and the rear brakes need replacing. I have been trying to search everywhere for information and a solid answer on whether this can be done by myself.

My plan was to buy obdeleven or similar and use that to open the epb and perform the pad change.

But the guy who I rent the car from is adamant it cannot be done and he said it takes a dealer or he said knows a guy who is a maverick that can do it. 

I feel like that is total crap. I was trying to help the guy by doing the labour for free if he paid for the pads but he is being awkward.

Does anyone have any info on this at all please? Or have done it themselves?

Hi 

yes you will need some thing like a ODBeleven to wind the pads back, but other than that it is just like changing any pads, You have not said the milage of the car but a 21 plate should not need pads replacing unless you have driven all round the world !

Just now, RADIOTWO said:

Hi 

yes you will need some thing like a ODBeleven to wind the pads back, but other than that it is just like changing any pads, You have not said the milage of the car but a 21 plate should not need pads replacing unless you have driven all round the world !

It's on 78,000 and it's a Taxi so yeah it's been driven around the world pretty much!

I know it should work. I would just rather spend out on software that is guaranteed to work 100%

6 hours ago, Dandesc said:

It's on 78,000 and it's a Taxi so yeah it's been driven around the world pretty much!

I know it should work. I would just rather spend out on software that is guaranteed to work 100%

Rather than buy a ODB, just ask around you might find someone local that can wind the pistons back while

you do the job and they may accept a donation !!