Crossover frequencies Canton

I’ve seen these values in the ‘sound system 47’ area of obd. Would this be the crossover frequencies for the speakers?

IMG_2989.png

they would seem reasonable, but the data doesn't really help without knowing the slopes or if this is the lower or upper bound.

So: maybe.

What's your plan / idea? I am really surprised at the order of the speakers in the Kodiaq, with the mid seemingly at the top, and the overall tonality is not to my liking at all.

. Bret

Agree on that. I’ve replace the tweeters and woofers in front as first step and wanted to change the crossovers. The center (only mid there is) was also replace by more high end. 

but still as an audiophile it’s not okay. I’ve done all deadening doors and that is a must for good sound. 

I’ve installed better subwoofer also. Next step is disabling canton and place dsp amp. So that will be for me the best option. 

wait, so the doors are only 2 way? That makes things easier... was debating a small (2-3l) enclosure on the dash in the corners for a mid + tweet. Now to pull the electrical diagrams...

59 minutes ago, brettikivi said:

wait, so the doors are only 2 way? That makes things easier... was debating a small (2-3l) enclosure on the dash in the corners for a mid + tweet. Now to pull the electrical diagrams...

Yes it's two way. I've made a tweeter mount with the right angle and high quality tweeters. That's already way better. The woofers are also replaced.

IMG_3025.jpeg

• Thanks 1

Just now, Paikesejanku said:

Facelift modell has 3way setup in front doors.

yes. Before facelift 2 way.. I have the 2019 2-way

mine is a 2018.

After upgrading the 6.5s in my wife's car today, this is super high on my list of things to do. Need to get the electrical diagrams and some other erwin stuff next...

16 minutes ago, brettikivi said:

mine is a 2018.

After upgrading the 6.5s in my wife's car today, this is super high on my list of things to do. Need to get the electrical diagrams and some other erwin stuff next...

Do you have the canton? I’ve got all the diagrams figured out. I’m going to disable canton and place dsp amp. I also replace the 6.5 with Hertz Mille 1650.3

Yep. Sub in the centre of the wheel well, with 4 wires (so i assume 2 6" drivers in there on a couple of hundred watts, max).

I have a Soundigital 4.100, C-DSP 6x8 and a Soundigital 1600.1 at an installer down south (along with some cabling) and a set of Helix S 62C.2 :) Now the questions will start about disabling canton and how to take door cards off. I figured I ought to go 3-way, but 2 is enough for the moment. Sub is a CSS SDX10 in 30ish l, weighing about 40kg :)

Will need to rebuild the sub box to suit the kodiaq boot, i already have an idea (and wife permission!)

. Bret

8 hours ago, brettikivi said:

Yep. Sub in the centre of the wheel well, with 4 wires (so i assume 2 6" drivers in there on a couple of hundred watts, max).

I have a Soundigital 4.100, C-DSP 6x8 and a Soundigital 1600.1 at an installer down south (along with some cabling) and a set of Helix S 62C.2 :) Now the questions will start about disabling canton and how to take door cards off. I figured I ought to go 3-way, but 2 is enough for the moment. Sub is a CSS SDX10 in 30ish l, weighing about 40kg :)

Will need to rebuild the sub box to suit the kodiaq boot, i already have an idea (and wife permission!)

. Bret

I've removed the spare wheel and placed new floor. Added the Hertz MPS 250 S4 enclosure. Doorpanels is just two screws in the doorhandles and one at the bottom. Deadening doors and most important inside doorpanel. Amp will be the Audison DSP M8.14. So 2 way front active and backdoors coaxial.

Disabling Canton is coding:

F5/47: change byte 04 to FF and byte 11 to 05

I made a special 38 pin cable to attach to the original Canton cable loom to connect to the speaker. I've build everything so that I can easily replace back to Canton if I would sell the car. When disabling Canton there will be speaker out on the MIB. So a Quadlock cable from the unit to the driver seat where the speaker wires are located is necessary.

IMG_2926.jpeg

IMG_0321.jpeg

IMG_0322.jpeg

IMG_2868.jpeg

• Like 2