Oil and filter change

Hi,

I have recently changed oil and filter on my Octavia 2021 1.0 TSI, the garage set the next oil service in 3200 miles as it was recommended by Skoda he said.

It is too low mileage for oil change, anyone could please advice that it is true?

Many thanks in advance.

Hello, welcome to the forum. It depends on your annual mileage and whether your vehicle is on fixed or flexible service plan. If your annual mileage is Low (much less than 10K per year) it is normally recommended to change oil annually - (fixed) 

• Like 2

Welcome to the forum.

I doubt the Technician / Fitter can show were it is what Skoda recommend to set such a low Service Interval. 

The Garage / Technician should ( can) have set the Service Indicator @ 9,400 miles / 372 days.    What an odd thing to do. 

Then it is annual. 

If that is only 3,200 miles covered in the year and a week then so be it.

Strange to set it by what was done up to the service, or at less miles than a Fixed Service regime.

Edited by Ootohere
  • Like 3

Hello and thanks for the reply,

The car is 41000 miles, I do aprox 4000 miles a month as I use it for taxi business, I was quite shocked when told that skoda recommends 3200 miles oil and filter service ( which I couldn't believe) so in this case I should change the oil and filter every three weeks? Lol

• Thanks 1

So the 1.0 TSI with VW508 00 / 509 00   0w20 FS IV oil can be on variable flexible servicing and 18,000-20,000 mile Oil & Filter service intervals.  24 months. 

Or every 4 1/2 months in your case.

I would ask the Service Manager where ever you had the service done just what whoever changed it to 3,200 is playing at and where they came up with the guff you were told. 

??
Did they actually use Long Life oil, so the VW508 00 /509 00.  or even VW504 00 / 507 00,  5w 30 FS III or maybe 0w 30 FS III

or something else?

Like VW502 00  Not Long Life Oil.

Edited by Ootohere
  • Like 1